Saddam death penatly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think Bush and Blair will have blood on their hands if Saddam faced the death penalty.

Somehow I think it will strengthen the Iraq war and the terrioist attacks round the world.

What do you reckon?

Sponsored Links
Should have blown him up when they found him in his hole. How much has his trial(s) cost? Millions. And for what? To tell us what the hell we already know. :evil: Huge waste of money.

And if ban's watching, yes, me and the customers of my shop were being barbaric individuals who want to kill, again. But who is the twisted individual here, the gov't who kills Saddam, or Saddam, who authorised the killing of thousands? An eye for an eye, the bible says. We cant kill Saddam thousands of times, but we can do the next best thing - string 'im up.

Masona, strengthen the Iraq war for whom?

Blown him up in the hole? should`ve tied him up + used the hole as a latrine :p

Sponsored Links
Should bring back hanging here too, would save us a fortune.

crafty1289 said:
Masona, strengthen the Iraq war for whom?
Just think the death penalty although I dont support it will add fuel to the messy Iraq war and it's will only become more of a battlefield with further violence.

Saddam should be sentence to life imprisonment.

Bush and Blair went into Iraq illegal war which killed over 140,000 innocent civillians. Blair, Bush & Saddam are no difference.

Keeping saddam alive will just make his supporters keep trying to free him with expensive appeals and he will continue to fuel debate for the rest of his life. End it now.

Keeping saddam alive will just make his supporters keep trying to free him with expensive appeals and he will continue to fuel debate for the rest of his life

more than likely, though IMO its a waste of money feeding him anyway....

Bush and Blair went into Iraq illegal war which killed over 140,000 innocent civillians. Blair, Bush & Saddam are no difference.
I agree with that also, no different than a couple of big kids beating up a little kid and taking his sweets (or oil in this case....)

It's probably too late to reinstall Saddam as all powerful dictator, but I bet at least Blair and the majority of the American people (if not Bush, although it's more personal with him, with Bush senior as an old man) are regretting toppling the old nut. Are we even benefiting from the oil yet?

masona said:
I think Bush and Blair will have blood on their hands if Saddam faced the death penalty.

What do you reckon?

I reckon it's too late. Bush & Blair already have blood, not just on their hands, but they are drenched in it.

Saddam was condemned by his own actions, the world will be a better place without him.

However, I also believe that SERIOUS questions need to be asked in both the UK and US about the manner in which he was removed from power and the manner the war was prosecuted.

Needless lives have been lost on ALL sides, with the vast bulk being the Iraqi population.

If we fail to ask the difficult questions, and we fail to take action to correct any wrongs that are found to have taken place, then we are no better than Saddam and we had no right to judge him in the first place. We cannot set ourselves up as better, if we behave without compassion, justice and honesty.

However I think we all know that Blair and Bush only made decisions based on information given to them by others with their own political agendas, they may be ultimately responsible, but it is the advisers who lied in reports about WMD's that bear the blame for this fiasco,and they SHOULD be held accountable, as should Bush and Blair.

true indeed, but WHO ? they have the power and know it full well, when someone does stand up to them then the world as we know it will be no more.

hermes said:
Quite so; I agree.

Is the reason for wanting to kill Saddam Hussein one of justice, or simply vengeance?

Sponsored Links
Back