Saddam to be executed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
'Saddam 'to be executed on Saturday' What are the feelings here about it?
I mean can we separate ourselves from it, considering we don't have the death penalty should our government not condemn it? its being reported on the bbc in a very casual way and yet it should be considered barbaric, and if it were not for our intervention he would still be the leader in iraq and the leccy and water would still be on!!
I personally feel it could be the start of a slippery slope and that it is indeed Barbaric. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Bad idea, it's not only barbaric, it'll make him a martyr fueling the sunni / shia hostilities.

Should never have got involved.Must be some other reason for interest in the region...... :LOL:

Didn't see us rushing in to Uganda to oust Mugabe.....

I have never felt comfortable from the word go with our invasion of that country.

If we look around the world there are cerainly other similar if not worse dictators / regimes.

Why did we pick on this one especially ????

As can be seen with the aftermath of the war, as bad as he was, he kept control of the various factions who are now free to engage in a civil war which we will never be able to control

How do we now extricate ourselves from this position and start distancing ourselves from that other tyrannical country the USA

Seems Mr Bush Senior got it right when he got Saddam out of Kuwait and then stopped his troops on the border. He could see what mess he would create had he gone further - shame his son was not so clever

As for killing Saddam - NO NO NO

Sponsored Links
I don’t like Saddam but his trial is illegal because the Iraq war was illegal so therefore catching him was also illegal.

Bush & Blair killed over 140,000 civilians during the war so why aren’t they are tried as war criminals?

Saddam, Bush & Blair are no difference.

I also don’t want the death penalty.

The war was illegal, but I have a feeling that it will turn out to have been for the best.

Death penalty - the wrong decision, on a stick.

ricicle said:
Should never have got involved.Must be some other reason for interest in the region...... :LOL:

maybe we will... after all he has one thing in common with Saddam - we put him in power...

Softus said:

Although isn't it interesting that so many "Christians" are against the death penalty.

If it wasn't for the death penalty then what would they do at Easter?

BoxBasher said:
Softus said:
Although isn't it interesting that so many "Christians" are against the death penalty.
Are you suggesting that I'm a "Christian"? If so, what does that word mean to you?

How do they know they've got the right bloke? He used to have loads of doubles you know.

ricicle said:

May have missed him, he's the president of Zimbabwe :(

Sponsored Links
Back