Penalty Kicks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I reckon, with camera evidence, several unsuccessful recent penalty kicks should have been retaken as the keepers had infringed the law .. moving out of a vertical plane passing through the goal line .. a penalty kick is really meant to favour the kicker.

Law 14 states that the goalkeeper 'must remain on his goal line, facing the kicker, between the goal posts until the ball has been kicked'.

The goalkeeper may move anywhere along the goal line from side to side, before the penalty kick has commenced, this includes jumping up above the goal line which extends in a vertical plane upwards. The penalty kick is legal, so long as the goalkeeper does not leave the plane of his goal line, or does not move into the field of play before the ball has been touched.

If the ball entered the goal and the penalty taker had infringed the Laws before the ball was in play, the penalty kick must be retaken. Any hesitation during the run up, clearly attempting to put the keeper off-balance before taking the kick could be construed as unsporting behaviour - in which case the player concerned could also be Cautioned, and the kick retaken if a goal was scored.

The kicker is allowed to feint and conceal his intention from the goalkeeper but he must approach the ball in a single fluid movement. It is not allowed, for example, to fake a kick and then shoot in one direction after the keeper has jumped in another.
------ ;)

Sponsored Links
And what about the rule that the penalty kick taker wasn't allowed to 'hesitate'? Saw that happening last Wednesday also.

pipme said:
I reckon, with camera evidence, several unsuccessful recent penalty kicks should have been retaken as the keepers had infringed the law .. moving out of a vertical plane passing through the goal line .. a penalty kick is really meant to favour the kicker.

Law 14 states that the goalkeeper 'must remain on his goal line, facing the kicker, between the goal posts until the ball has been kicked'.

The goalkeeper may move anywhere along the goal line from side to side, before the penalty kick has commenced, this includes jumping up above the goal line which extends in a vertical plane upwards. The penalty kick is legal, so long as the goalkeeper does not leave the plane of his goal line, or does not move into the field of play before the ball has been touched.

If the ball entered the goal and the penalty taker had infringed the Laws before the ball was in play, the penalty kick must be retaken. Any hesitation during the run up, clearly attempting to put the keeper off-balance before taking the kick could be construed as unsporting behaviour - in which case the player concerned could also be Cautioned, and the kick retaken if a goal was scored.

The kicker is allowed to feint and conceal his intention from the goalkeeper but he must approach the ball in a single fluid movement. It is not allowed, for example, to fake a kick and then shoot in one direction after the keeper has jumped in another.
------ ;)

i totaly agree with you pipeme i told you in my thread that the scoucers robbed the game as well as a few post offices on the way home

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
once again i totaly agree with you kendor i told you in my thread that the scoucers robbed the game as well as a few post offices on the way home

image transplant then PIP :LOL:
kev what do you mean a image change why are you going round telling everyone that i am other id,es anyway you and tgm fancy coming round for a barbacue i can serve you up a nice mice meat kabab

I have now! :) regards the game, good luck to liverpool even if they knocked my team out of the competition with a dodgy goal :p Though i think penalties do take the gloss off the victory a bit, much better that if undecided in 90 mins plus ET that it is played over again at a later date, that way it is decided by tactics, team effort and fresh minds rather than by tired legs and to be honest, chance (goalkeeper guessing the right way or taker kicking it over the bar).

I reckon referees are very lax with the keepers during penalties.. time and again the keepers is off the goal line before the ball is kicked .... It is not the whistle but the movement of the ball which validates off line movement.
P

what's with all this arm waving and up and downing? Standby for keepers doing cartwheels along the line next :)

kendor said:
what's with all this arm waving and up and downing? Standby for keepers doing cartwheels along the line next :)
he was doing a bruce grobblar

kendor said:

They recently showed, on our local telly news, the penalties from one of the previous times that Liverpool won this event. The then goalie did a similar kind of strange war dance, to put the penalty taker off. I can only presume the goalie was aping the original goalies activities, for the same reason. :rolleyes:

I am not a massive football fan so don't know who they were playing against at the time.

Time it was stopped, the goalie should not move until the ball is kicked, no exceptions.
All the flagrant rule bending (breaking) is only ruining the game, too much diving and the such plus the inconsistency of referees in not taking these cheats to task is killing off any "fair play" that the footballing bodies are trying to promote.
Perhaps the continental way is filtering into the english game, who knows?

Eurotrash !! Our fault !! The roots lie in the likes of, for example, Trafalgar .. The poor old Euroloser now takes the desire to beat us to obsessional levels ..
The price of infamy !! and of, of course, fish and its relativity to the original thread, which is non-existent .. :oops:

you meant the penalties of being in europe so it still ties in with the original post ;)

Sponsored Links
Back