Serious error - Blue screen shutdown

hardrive Is too Big for an os it should only be 80 to 160 large drives are for storage

Really doesn't matter.

what happens if you blue screen and your desktop Is full of family photos

Nothing more happens to them than may happen if they're on a seperate drive.

A horrifically inefficient Pentium D is not a bargain. There's a reason they're cheap: They're slow, hot, noisy, and expensive to run.

Sponsored Links
It just happened again. It seems to be triggered when I hit a website, but not always the same site:

On Tue 12/06/2012 05:52:57 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini061212-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0x37446)
Bugcheck code: 0x10000050 (0xFFFFFFFFE17AE01C, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFBF837446, 0x1)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32k.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

hardrive Is too Big for an os it should only be 80 to 160 large drives are for storage

Really doesn't matter.

what happens if you blue screen and your desktop Is full of family photos

Nothing more happens to them than may happen if they're on a seperate drive.

A horrifically inefficient Pentium D is not a bargain. There's a reason they're cheap: They're slow, hot, noisy, and expensive to run.

I have 5 of them and trust me there not inneficiant there not slow or noisey so sorry monkey this time your wrong!!!!!!!

Any dual core Pc with 2 gig ram and sata drive will perform basic tasks such as web browsing odd Word document by far quick enough not to justify buying a new pc for just that purpose mine are snappy as hell!!!!!

Sponsored Links
I have 5 of them and trust me there not inneficiant there not slow or noisey so sorry monkey this time your wrong!!!!!!!

I doubt you've compared noise, performance, or power consumption accurately with a modern machine. I have. I also have single machines with as much, if not more, processing power than that cupboard of yours. They use less electricity to do it.

But this is rather off-topic compared to my actual point, which is that the size of the OS drive in no way affects the stability of the machine, and the location of your files doesn't really matter if things go wrong.

To check your RAM, try downloading and running memtest (google for it)

It's a bootable ISO which you need to burn to a CD.

I doubt you've compared noise, performance, or power consumption accurately with a modern machine. I have. I also have single machines with as much, if not more, processing power than that cupboard of yours. They use less electricity to do it.

But this is rather off-topic compared to my actual point, which is that the size of the OS drive in no way affects the stability of the machine, and the location of your files doesn't really matter if things go wrong.

I don't need to compare anything,I see it with my own eyes how quick they are double click Chrome and WHAM!!! its open in a split second, not bad for £40, I also work in IT and see these Optiplex's all day, never heard anyone complain about noise!! but then your not pedantic are ya

Oh and in general PC's don't actually use that much power anyway what are we talking less than £75 per year?

Another Oh regarding drives, its standard practice to have a small OS drive and a large STORAGE drive, any blue screen means you don't have to slave the OS drive in another PC to drag files off, so that was MY point

But hey, why should I complain there more people make that mistake the more customers I get asking for files to be recovered of the C drive!! Only then do they learn the correct way!!

I don't need to compare anything,I see it with my own eyes how quick they are double click Chrome and WHAM!!! its open in a split second, not bad for £40, I also work in IT and see these Optiplex's all day, never heard anyone complain about noise!! but then your not pedantic are ya

Ah, so you can say they're as fast and efficient as my machines without even knowing what they are? I'm sure they do simple things such as open a brower just fine. For now.

Another Oh regarding drives, its standard practice to have a small OS drive and a large STORAGE drive, any blue screen means you don't have to slave the OS drive in another PC to drag files off, so that was MY point

Standard practice where? It's not commonly done in my experience. A simple partition is quite sufficient to allow proper OS reinstallation without affecting data storage. And a blue screen does not immediately mean the OS is gone, or that any damage has been done.

But hey, why should I complain there more people make that mistake the more customers I get asking for files to be recovered of the C drive!! Only then do they learn the correct way!!

Yes, they learn not to ask you to recover files from a drive which is no different to any other.

I have swapped the Ram and it still does it. Blue screen-re-boot. No reason at all and no clue as to what it is :(

On Wed 20/06/2012 05:43:35 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini062012-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0x152C39)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFFBF952C39, 0xFFFFFFFFB7FF3C00, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32k.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

Hmmm....

The fact that after swapping the RAM you got a BSOD on reboot would imply that the RAM you installed is not suitable for the motherboard. Some mobos require specific RAM, a generic module just will not do! The original RAM will have a part number, either that of the manufacturer (like Hynix or Samsung) or that of the PC manufacturer (like Dell or HP). Put this into Google and see what turns up. You can then search for 100% compatible RAM on e-bay or one of the RAM manufacturers websites.

Ok, thanks. What I can't understand is I have been using this RAM for over 3 years with no blue screen.

I also have an issue with the fan in my PSU. Sometimes it stops and I have to give it a little tap to get it going again. I keep it monitored though with the free speedfan software. I also monitor the RAM with cleanmem. I notice sometimes it peaks into the red for no reson.

Sponsored Links
Back