Servicing a Monoflame burner in a Rayburn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I installed a Raburn PJ about four years ago and are ashamed to say I haven't touched it since :oops: My old one had a Don burner so if you didnt clean the burner out at least once a year it went out, but this one just keeps going. I have noticed though lately it seems to run for much longer than it used to and I get a whiff of flue gas every now and again. Its used mainly for water heating . I suspect it needs a service, can anyone point me in the right direction. I can see a couple of allen screws at the top of the burner, do I undo these to remove the burner?

Thanks

Peter

Sponsored Links
Plenty of folk on here will give you the info you require but you must first tell them which model Rayburn and which type of burners are fitted.

Seeing as it`s a pressure jet it might need a new nozzle and a clean out . www.rayburn-web.co.uk Just got that from Google - I know nowt about them :LOL:

Service should be every 12 months. Not just the burner, but the combustion chamber, where the surfaces are probably caked with scale or soot that heat is not transferred.
Rayburn will provide a copy of the service manual, but without the necessary test equipment, it is not much good. If you do decide to do it without instructions, be aware that the monoflame burner in this appliance requires a non drip nozzle, not to be confused with the standard nozzle.

Sponsored Links
Service should be every 12 months. Not just the burner, but the combustion chamber, where the surfaces are probably caked with scale or soot that heat is not transferred.
Rayburn will provide a copy of the service manual, but without the necessary test equipment, it is not much good. If you do decide to do it without instructions, be aware that the monoflame burner in this appliance requires a non drip nozzle, not to be confused with the atandard nozzle.

Thanks oilhead

I took it apart yesterday and it was remarkably clean, I replaced the jet with one of the three that were in their containers below the burner, presumably from previous services, on the basis that if they have only done one year the must be better than than one thats done four :D The actual tube, blast tube? had very little soot or carbon on it, which I cleaned off, and there was no evidence of soot anywhere else.

Anyway, having done very little, it seems to be running fine.

Peter

No answer to that :confused: But as I have no flue leakage into the room it shouldn't be a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back