Servis Logic 1300 Washer Dryer not pumping out.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thats not surprising as both pump supply leads are live.

The machine fills correctly so the level switch seems to be at least partly working.

Can anyone suggest what the fault is likely to be down to component level?

Tony

Sponsored Links
how did you measure the supply power as some of these switch the neutral so if you are measuring between the supply leads connected to the pump and to the chassis you will get 240 both sides.

Have you removed the pump and filter to check for obstructions or fouling of the pump.

You can supply a seperate 240v to the pump when disconnected from the appliance to confirm the pump itself is ok.

I removed and checked the pump first as obstructions are a common problem.

There were none and so I checked the level switch connection and that was clear.

During the pump out part of the cycle both pump connections were live as measured to chassis. As you say many switch the neutral but nothing was being switched.

Tony

Did you test the pump with a seperate supply as they can go weak and not operate, some have a thermal fuse as well but I would assume not in your case (or at least it has not blown due to power both sides of pump winding)

Not exactly a fan of servis controls. In very odd conditions on some Hotpoint and Tricity Bendix machines I have found that the pump does not work correctly when the motor brushes are worn 'I have no clue why though'

I take it you tested the pressure switche by blowing in to it to see if it changed state and blew down the pipe to ensure the chamber was clear.

If you disconnect the pressure switch and operate it manually yourself to the overfill level, does the pump operate

Sponsored Links
As I said before, the pump does not operate during the wash cycle because there is no PD across its supply.

It works fine when powered seperately.

The level switch operates to turn the fill valves off when the correct level is reached. The tubes to the switch are clear.

Tony

As I and others give lots of help with boiler problems I am disapointed that no one apparently gives advice on washing machine faults.

Lots of washing machines are repaired every day so there must be a lot of people doing repairs.

Tony

There's plenty of good advice to be had in this section of the forum...somebody already tried to help you but you didn't listen. Limited response to your issue (and your obvious annoyance about it) is primarily caused by the fact that Servis UK went into liquidation in 2008. Service information is virtually impossible to track down & spares are thin on the ground. With the exception of some Chinese produced junk Servis is way down there at the bottom of the barrel.

I appreciate that Servis may not be seen as one of the best or even better WMCs. But it still works well and looks OK in the kitchen.

Its working manually by powering the pump externally but thats a chore and needs personal intervention during the cycle.

The kitchen manager is returning in a couple of weeks and it would be good to have this fixed by then.

Is there anyone who can actually identify the exact component fault.

If not does anyone know of a washing machine breakers who could supply a replacement PCB?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back