Servowarm elite 30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a servowarm elite 30 boiler, and I'm currently looking to fit a powered 3 way valve into the system, as it currently has only a manually operated valve.
My question is can any body tell me What the min flow rate of the Elite 30, as I will need to fit an Auto Bypass valve as all my radiators have TRV's fitted.

Sponsored Links
Install an AVDO and adjust it to suit the system.

With the heating on full and the valve shut, slowly open it until you have a flow through the by-pass, then turn it back one full turn.

are you sure that the SW installer didnt put a bypass in under one of the rads. usually the bathroom?

Sponsored Links
If you are going to trouble of fitting 3 port motorised valve and cylinder stat go the whole hog and fit a room stat and removing trv in that room . Then you will save money but heating turning off and not need a bypass as there will always be an open circuit somewhere on the system. Which will satisfy minimum flow rates

Installing a roomstat is always a good idea when you do not have one yet. The trv must indeed come off. Unless you can be absolutely sure that nobody will turn the radiator of manually, you still need a bypass. I usually fit two lockshields on at least one radiator in the room with the roomstat so there will always be at least one radiator that is on, regardless of what people do.

If you are fitting a three way for the first time then be sure to fit a gate valve in the feed to the cylinder heating coil so you can balance the flow between the Ch and the HW.

Tony

Many thanks for the replies doitall, Gas_man_gaz, corgiman & namsag.
All ways looking to save some money, for later in life.

I have a 2'x 2' rad with a lockshield valve fitted at the far end of the system run on the ground floor.
It is fed by 4m long, 10mm dia pipe. The rest of the system is supplied by 22mm to 15mm to rads.
Would this be sufficient to enable the system to run?

Many thanks for the replies doitall, Gas_man_gaz, corgiman & namsag.
All ways looking to save some money, for later in life.

I have a 2'x 2' rad with a lockshield valve fitted at the far end of the system run on the ground floor.
It is fed by 4m long, 10mm dia pipe. The rest of the system is supplied by 22mm to 15mm to rads.
Would this be sufficient to enable the system to run?

see told you

that is servowarms idea of a bypass, should be automatic really

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back