Servowarm Supreme Plus Heat Exchanger - help!

'The need for a condensing boiler' - when did this requirement come in? The extra storage would be handy but trying to keep costs down, will try and get quotes for both combi & conventional and see what the score is.

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
It has been obsolete for many years. I believe ServoWarm were bought out by BG many moons ago.

We have ripped out 3 or 4 of them, the radiators like leaking on the swivel bracket.

Those of you recommending sealed radiator systems (combis) might not be aware that some old Servowarm open vent installations used radiators with welded studs on the rear.

If you find these be very careful. They are (incredibly) not designed to take a 1bar pressure and will blow up. I have now seen two Servowarm installs wth these rads and you will need to change them all or buy a wet and dry hoover.......

It has been obsolete for many years. I believe ServoWarm were bought out by BG many moons ago.

servowarm were brought by Homeserve back in 04 I think and were sold to Npower last year who effectivly stopped supplying spares for em over night

:)

Sponsored Links
What makes you think BG bought servowarm. yep seen sevowarm rad balloon up

Sorry, my mistake. It was Homeserve as you rightly say.

Hello again,

Can the existing flu from the old boiler be re-used when replacing the servowarm? Or do you have to install a new rear flu? If this is the case does the old flu have to be removed/bricked up?

Also what's the benefit of going with a system boiler over a conventional boiler? Is it okay to fit the new boiler at low level (same as the old servowarm unit)? Looking to hopefully fit the new boiler at low level with a small rad next to it.

Thanks all!

Each boiler has its own fitting requirements.

It would be unlikely to find any boiler to fit the low profile of the old Servowarm. They would mostly need to go upwards about 300 mm higher to give enough clearance underneath.

The pipework requirements might be easier to meet with another location for a new boiler.

Your choices are a heat only using the existing or a replaced or a combi boiler.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back