servowarm heat exchanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am looking for a heat exchanger for a servowarm 80 elite. the gc code is 417 1429.

apparently this part is obselete, so can anyone recommend a stockist i could try that might just have this part in stock, sitting there on a shelf all dusty....

the reason i want to repair the boiler with the heat exchanger is because this is a free service under my boiler repair cover. if i replace the boiler, i have to pay for everything myself. so the difference is zero cost or thousands of pounds!

Sponsored Links
I think CORGIMAN may be able to help you on this one.

Dave

sarahproperty said:
i am looking for a heat exchanger for a servowarm 80 elite. the gc code is 417 1429.

apparently this part is obselete, so can anyone recommend a stockist i could try that might just have this part in stock, sitting there on a shelf all dusty....

the reason i want to repair the boiler with the heat exchanger is because this is a free service under my boiler repair cover. if i replace the boiler, i have to pay for everything myself. so the difference is zero cost or thousands of pounds!

I will have a go tomorrow, but if you have your insurance with homeserve/servowarm then you are plum out of luck for the part as they make em and you cannot get em anywhere Else

:)

BTW thanks Sogs :)

i wonder how you can be so sure that there is any problem with that part and even if there was that it cannot be repaired.

Fitting a new boiler will be more efficient, save you money on gas and help the rest of us by reducing carbvon emissions! Why not spend a little to benefit the whole world?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Why not spend a little to benefit the whole world?

Tony

Because by the sound of her name she's a landlord i.e scum of the earth!

Atleast she knows how to say please and thankyou when asking for free advice :rolleyes:

rob884 said:
Agile said:
Why not spend a little to benefit the whole world?

Tony

Because by the sound of her name she's a landlord i.e scum of the earth!

Atleast she knows how to say please and thankyou when asking for free advice :rolleyes:

She could also be SARAH Beeny from PROPERTY ladder. Now im sure we will all help :D :D

i'm not sarah beeny, but yes its a rental property. whilst i might be a landlord (on the side only) there is not sufficient profit to fork out on a whole boiler unnecessarily (especially if a repair can be done for free), so i apologise for not saving the world this week.

the insurance cover is with british gas homecare not servowarm. i hope corgiman can help find me find my spare part, even if my boobs arent as big as sarah beeny's.

by the way, thanks; i didnt realise blokes were into all that manners stuff; certainly the builders i've had to deal with so far weren't.

;)

Dont wait too long for Corgiman, I am not sure he realises the task you have imposed on him judging by his last posting.

I still wonder if it really needs changing. These sometimes leak at a joint or cover plate which can be mended by anyone with the will to do so.

BG have no interest in fixing old boilers, they would prefer to sell you a new one.

Tony

british gas came to do the annual maintenance inspection and said the heat exchanger was leaking, and so they isolated the whole boiler, until the new part is found.

do you think this could be repaired, if i can find out if the leak is only at a a joint or cover plate? is this just a soldering job, then?

How long since h/exchanger not available?
Seems B.G may have been taking money off you even though parts not available for several years.

no idea

Just rang servowarm and they have none in and aint getting none, didnt ask when they stopped it

werewolf said:
How long since h/exchanger not available?
Seems B.G may have been taking money off you even though parts not available for several years.

That is why they say every year that the boiler is getting old and parts are getting short etc and then end up with the familiar comments as per Tony above:

BG have no interest in fixing old boilers, they would prefer to sell you a new one.

Damned if they do and damned if they dont.

Is that the one where the HEX looks like a bent copper pipe with fins on? What's happened, corroded though, split, or...??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back