Setting up your planer?

Sponsored Links
That's the general idea - but the clamp shouldn't be so tight as to make adjustment difficult.
John :)

So when not using do u turn wheel so it's pulled up as far as will go or undo nut and pull it higher?

As long as the blade is pulled up under the sole plate, and therefore protected from being chipped, just find whichever method suits you best. And I'd like to apologise to Burnerman for my earlier mistake misunderstanding what he was refering to with the 2mm adjustment - late and tired and I should have read it more thoroughly, so sorry Burnerman for that. As I have to get a small block plane soon, it's been interesting joining in this one, as school was a long time ago.

Sponsored Links
No worries at all mate - what you said was absolutely correct.
Personally I can't remember the last time I hand planed a quality softwood, never mind a quality hardwood - the quick dried stuff we get these days is beyond the pale if you are trying to do anything accurate with it :eek:
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back