Severed Lawn Mower cable

The only thing I do not give a flying one about is your opinion on whether or not it was or was not at the top of my latest topics list on my computer screen when I commented on it.

The fact is I was trying to add a helpfull comment to a post

You want to give me a hard time on here go ahead, the only person it really reflects upon is yourself :p

Sponsored Links
It's not "my opinion", it is a simple and unarguable fact.

It was not at the top of the latest topic list because it was 3 years old, and there have been a lot of topics posted since then, which must, by definition be more recent.

You may well have seen it in the list of related topics when reading another topic, and utterly failed to notice that it was 3 years old, but that is absolutely not the same as it being a the top of your latest topics list, and if you want to concern yourself about what reflects on who then you should think about how it reflects on you to persist in your ludicrously stupid claim that it was.

Would that be the one where you try to make yourself look a bigger and bigger idiot by compounding your original mistake by insisting on a version which every single person here (including you) knows is b*****ks?

Sponsored Links
Regarding the strimmer
Technically IMO they do not need a 13 amp fuse, however due to the start load of motor they may have fitted 13 amp.

You would need to check the user manual. the info will be in there.

Unless it's worn off, there'll be a plate or sticker on the item itself with the wattage of the motor. Easy conversion to amps once you know that.

Has everybody's calendar broken?

Regarding the strimmer
Technically IMO they do not need a 13 amp fuse, however due to the start load of motor they may have fitted 13 amp.

You would need to check the user manual. the info will be in there.

Unless it's worn off, there'll be a plate or sticker on the item itself with the wattage of the motor. Easy conversion to amps once you know that.

Has everybody's calendar broken?]
I fear that you have, almost single-handedly, ensured that this thread (originally started 3 years ago) really has been at or near the top of the 'recent posts' lists for the last 3 days, so you've almost turned it into a current thread :)

Kind Regards, John

So you don't think that deafboy should be challenged over his attempts to lie to us because he thinks we're stupid enough to believe him?

maybe he thinks people should be politely informed that they may be mistaken and then point them in the right direction?

just a thought

maybe he thinks people should be politely informed that they may be mistaken
So you're interested in politeness?

Original post was three years ago.
Not impolite.

oops it was at the top of the latest posts list :oops:
Untrue, but not impolite.

I don't think so.
Not impolite.

it was but if you want to call me a liar go right ahead see if i care :p
Now we're getting there. You persisted in trying to make us believe that the topic was at the top of the recent list, which we all know to be nonsense. It's not very polite to treat people as if they are stupid enough to believe nonsense like that.

It was not at the top of the list.

It cannot possibly have been when the most recent post was 3 years old - that would have put it somewhere around Page 335.

See here: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=8&start=16700[/QUOTE]Not impolite - just statements of fact, and an explanation of why what you kept on claiming was untrue.

LOL like i give a flying one
Are you going to try and claim that that was polite?

Well - if you're going to be replying to 3-year old posts because you don't give a flying one about whether that's a good idea or not you're not going to have an easy time of it here.
Critical of your attitude, but not phrased impolitely.

The only thing I do not give a flying one about is your opinion on whether or not it was or was not at the top of my latest topics list on my computer screen when I commented on it.
Again treating people as if they are stupid, and might accept the notion that whether the forum works in a way which causes 3-year old topics to suddenly appear at the top of a most-recent-first list or not is a matter of opinion.

and then point them in the right direction?
Here, Schmill, politely, pointed you in the right direction:
'Similar Topics' list maybe?
And your response to that was "LOL like i give a flying one".

Here I also pointed you in the right direction:
You may well have seen it in the list of related topics when reading another topic...
and your immediate response was to refer me back to the post where you wrote "The only thing I do not give a flying one about is your opinion on whether or not it was or was not at the top of my latest topics list on my computer screen when I commented on it."

So you came here, started being impolite, started trying to treat us like idiots, and each time you were pointed in the right direction (which you claim is what should happen) you reacted by saying that you didn't give a flying one.

And somehow it's everybody else who is at fault, not you?

I don't think so.

So you don't think that deafboy should be challenged over his attempts to lie to us because he thinks we're stupid enough to believe him?
Only if you have nothing better to do with your time. I wonder what you think it achieves?

Kind Regards, John.

i never persisted in trying to make you beleive anything i also never lied

but as i said before do please carry on you will work it out eventually

Also to Schmill My apologies for not thanking you earlier! the returning comment most certainly was not directed at you for your helpfull reply as im sure most people would have worked out

I have also been accused of lying by a member of this forum. This was in response to an attempt at humour at his expense.

Unfortunately, such obsessional behaviour is very typical of Asperger Syndrome related cases. People with this syndrome become intensely wound up in following an argument to a conclusion, which to most people are not worth the time expenditure.

They are also, exactly because of their obsession for detail, often very valuable contributors to society, which needs its rules interpreters, engineers, IT experts and so on.

Anyone working in the field of engineering or similar, stands a good chance of being on the verge of this condition, which is also genetically transferred. We should try to be as understanding as possible of people with Asperger's, whilst at the same time try to encourage them to conform to 'normal' standards of politeness, in order to make life more pleasant for all concerned.

It is also worth noting that diagnosis of the condition has only been common in recent years, so in many high functioning adults has gone undiagnosed. Being aware of the condition can help to modify behaviour in beneficial ways.

From the literature:

"This syndrome was essentially unknown in the English literature for many years. An influential review and series of case reports by Lorna Wing (1981) increased interest in the condition, and since then, both the usage of the term in clinical practice and number of case reports and research studies have been steadily increasing. The commonly described clinical features of the syndrome include a) paucity of empathy; b) naïve, inappropriate, one-sided social interaction, little ability to form friendships and consequent social isolation; c) pedantic and monotonic speech; d) poor non-verbal communication; e) intense absorption in circumscribed topics such as weather, facts about TV stations, railway tables or maps, which are learned in rote fashion and reflect poor understanding, conveying the impression of eccentricity; and f) clumsy and ill-coordinated movements and odd posture."

reference: http://www.aspergersyndrome.org

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back