Lawn mower extention cable - Please help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought a new lawn mower and the cable isn't long enough. the extention cables i've found online all say either 10amp or 13amp and i don't know which one to choose. :( The mower is a Flymo Easi Mower if that's any help.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Get the 13amp one then it will have enough load capacity for any other use that you may need it for in the future.

AFAIK those rubber connectors for garden appliances

BG452.JPG
TLRC2OR.JPG

don't come in 13A versions.

Have you been looking at ordinary extension leads with a normal socket on the end?

If do please stop, they aren't suitable.

Sponsored Links
Yes i have been looking at ordinary extention cables. But i think i saw an offer on a website for one of those free, if you bought the extention cable. Can you tell me what they're for?

Sorry to be so thick :oops:

If do please stop, they aren't suitable.
Why?

Well, when you go and mow the lawn in the pouring rain... oh... wait a minute...

:)

Edit: But majjic, if the socket you use to plug the lawn mower in isn't RCD protected, you'd be well advised to get a plug in RCD with your extension lead (or even an extension lead with built in RCD).

Liam

The grass might be wet.

It might start raining slightly when you're almost done, and you push on to finish.

You might stop for a break, and while you're off it might rain.

I was thinking more of this sort of extension lead,

10Amp%2010M%20Extension%20Lead%20Drum_t.jpg

but even so I still wouldn't use one like that Masterplug one, whatever the makers say, not when it's so easy to buy a connector like this:

TLRC2OR.JPG

and some orange flex, so you can keep the 1363 indoors, or in an IP rated socket, where it belongs.

Do any mowers come with short cords with a 1363 on the end? There's probably a reason for that.

no but likewise, they do come with 10m leads with a 1363 on the end..
most gardens are not 10m maximum from the nearest socket..

if they wanted us to only use those plugs, why do they not all come with 500mm of flex with one half of that plug on, then sell 5m, 10m, 25m and 50m ready made leads to suit your garden?

oh and you should never mow wet grass.. it doesn't cut well..

why do they not all come with 500mm of flex with one half of that plug on,
All the ones I've ever had have done just that, as does my strimmer and my scarifier....

oh and you should never mow wet grass.. it doesn't cut well..
True, but one doesn't always have the luxury of waiting until it's dry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back