SGS56E02GB - Replace pump.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could somebody please give me a step by step guide of how to replace a SGS56E02GB drain pump.

Also, there appears to be a £30-£40 difference between pattern and geniune pumps - is it worth saving the money or is the quality not worth it?

TIA.

Sponsored Links
The pattern pumps are made by the same people, just make sure you get the right fitting type.

Generic info for Bosch is to look underneath and see if it has a removable base plate, if so you can remove it to gain access to the pump easily.
If not you generally have to remove the front kick strip (sometimes easier to remove the outer door skin first).
Behind the kickstrip you can have 2 plates, remove the top one being carefull of the wiring loom on the RHS, un clip the wiring loom from the plate.
On the left hand side you can then access the pump which is usually a twist fit with a locking lug, undo the locking lug and twist the pump a quarter turn (water will come out) so ensure it is all dried up.
Fit new pump making sure the seal seats correctly.

Thanks for both the replies. The machine does have a kickplate and I can just about see the pump. Can you tell me what the lug looks like as my vision will be restricted and I don't want to break anything.

Sponsored Links
The locking tag is at the bottom right of this picture http://www.buyspares.co.uk/bosch/dishwasher/drain-pump/product.pl?pid=1153738&shop=bosch&path=128593 Looking at the pump in situ you'll see it at the top RH side. Easiest to work on if you do what Leccy said & take off the door skin (unless it has a removable baseplate which makes changing the pump a doddle). If you attack it from the kick strip pull off the ribbed transfer hose in front of the pump, the thing only gets in the way. It has an o-ring fitting each end. While you have the hose off give it a good clean before refitting, they have a tendency to get clogged by gunge over time. Good luck :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back