Shallow angle roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm doing an extension in July. The roof will have a pitch of about 13 degrees. The lowest angle tiles I've been able to find are 15 degrees.

What are my options? I've heard that if you marine ply and double felt the roof, building control are OK with you fitting tiles that aren't at the specified minimum angle.

Can anyone confirm this or suggest an alternative?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
sounds about right. you are effectively creating a flat roof with tiles sat upon it.

It'll depend on the building control officer, some accept it some don't. Another minor consideration is that the manufacturer is unlikely to honour a warranty if its bellow their recommended pitch.

Rustychain said:
I'm doing an extension in July. The roof will have a pitch of about 13 degrees. The lowest angle tiles I've been able to find are 15 degrees.
The Versasteel tiles sheet effect have a minimum pitch of 10 deg.

Sponsored Links
The Redland Regent tile can be laid on roof pitches down to 12.5 degrees and the Forticrete Centurion will go down to 10 degrees; however even these tiles won't be suitable if your roof has valleys.

masona said:
Rustychain said:
The Versasteel tiles sheet effect have a minimum pitch of 10 deg.
Aren`t they used on posh Garden Houses? ;)

Roofer is correct regents or centurians will do the job on a lean to type extension

marley malvern go down to 12 degrees
i am using them on my extension.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back