Sham marriages.

Sponsored Links
this is one of those really obvious answers.

They have to prove it was a sham marriage, that fact that he was involve in so many means he was clearly part of the business.

Of course he probably got standard trade as well.

If the vicar was charged and found guilty of conducting sham marriages.
You can only assume the CPS and police have done their homework and proved that the marriages were that of sham, or there would be no case against him :?:

yes that doesn't mean that all his marriages were sham marriages, in fact you don't even need a complicit vicar to have a sham marriage or indeed a vicar at all.

But vicars/priests in the UK at least don't tend to marry people overnight. They tend to ask a lot of questions, it their business to make sure the marriage is "valid".

Also I think this is old news, the only new news is the conviction. So yes the police, uk border agency and cps have done their homework.

Sponsored Links
We can assume that not all the marriages were sham ones, I don't think that was ever in question!
does the sham marriage still stand?
So the point being, if the Vicar has been convicted of conducting sham marriages, have those marriages now been dissolved?

yes they don't stand.

Basically any marriage that isn't registered legally, isn't a legal marriage.

The significance significant of vicar are a archaic English law that state that CE churches have special status in the law.

I would have been possible to deport these people long before the vicar went to court.

you also need to comply with certain requirement to be a legal marrage some a very small percent sham marrages will still stand because every thing was done correctly and the people concerned wont admit it was a sham

I think I read that the vicar was doing 4% marriages over the year, then this shot up to 300%, so legal marriages were not the priority.

But the wedding needs witnesses, so who were the 2 standing up for this? When I was a witness at a wedding, I wasn't asked for any ID, and could sign anything I wanted to.

I think most people could be 'bought', at a price, if their logic deems that they would get away with it, but the bigger the fraud, the bigger the lie, so eventually, if sucessfull, the scam fails.

There is probably some legal loophole to say these people were married, and it is legal, and entitled to remain in the UK, due to an appeal process, then time running out for a certain law to apply.

Sponsored Links
Back