Sharia law

So if we base religious beliefs on a darwin basis then survival of the fittest/fastest/strongest would be how we live our lives.
That would be nice. Imagine driving on the motorway?
We need rules that are fair for everyone, religion has given us the basis for these rules, like it or not.
Your example of driving exemplifies a key point - in the UK we drive on the left whereas in many other countries the opposite is obviously the case, and as an island we have created an obvious agreed rule that it is safer to adhere to. Ethics/moralities and the subsequent rules, laws and regulations are developed to maximise the survival rate of those people who agree to conform.

There is a tendency for one to exacerbate the point by bringing in the usual contentious point of the need for newcomers to a assimilate to the region to which they have moved in order to preserve a satisfactory peace and status quo. Feel free to take up the mantle ;)

Sponsored Links
Your example of driving exemplifies a key point - in the UK we drive on the left whereas in many other countries the opposite is obviously the case, and as an island we have created an obvious agreed rule that it is safer to adhere to.
That's just Darwinism in action. The ones who drove on the right are all dead. ;)

Another rambling I’d like to utter as an observation.. The old days of white against black seems to have disappeared and the violence I often hear or read of these days is between different 'castes'. Is this anyone else’s take or observation too or an undeclared civil war over religions?

Their are tensions in regards to the Caste issue but this really only seems to be in the Sikh and Hindu communities as Caste is a big part of their culture and religious traditions. Eg Many Sikhs will not marry out of their caste. Many Hindu's also have a Caste system which, even though publicly condemned, is still followed closely, even by people born and raised in the west.

Islam doesnt have a caste system but you still get some muslims with the backwards mentality where they will only marry people from the same ethnicity i.e. some Pakistani Muslims wont allow marriage to Indian Muslims etc even those this is an outrageous view according to all Islamic schools of thought.

These attitudes are deeply engrained and will take many years to be removed. They are slowly fading, but its taking time.

My childhood sweetheart was Pakistani and I'm indian and her parents refused outright to allow her to marry a non-pakistani. They wouldnt budge on the issue and even threatened her should she consider running away.

My wife is Pakistani but her family were more forward thinking, more religious in the sense they followed the religion rather then follow traditions and they have had no issues.

Sikhs and Hindu's have different temples for different castes, i didnt know this until a friend explained this was why we have so many temples locally.

Thankfully mosques dont operate in this manner. The worst we do is have a conveyer belt of suicide bombers and terrorists......ehem....

:eek:

:eek:

Sponsored Links
WOW guys that was some discussion.....I lost the plot slightly when it came to schrodinger's cat :eek: :rolleyes:
Who's he :LOL: :LOL:

But it has made a very interesting read......its really good to hear some different, and intelligent, points of view.

So if we base religious beliefs on a darwin basis then survival of the fittest/fastest/strongest would be how we live our lives.
That would be nice. Imagine driving on the motorway?
We need rules that are fair for everyone, religion has given us the basis for these rules, like it or not.
Your example of driving exemplifies a key point - in the UK we drive on the left whereas in many other countries the opposite is obviously the case, and as an island we have created an obvious agreed rule that it is safer to adhere to. Ethics/moralities and the subsequent rules, laws and regulations are developed to maximise the survival rate of those people who agree to conform.

There is a tendency for one to exacerbate the point by bringing in the usual contentious point of the need for newcomers to a assimilate to the region to which they have moved in order to preserve a satisfactory peace and status quo. Feel free to take up the mantle ;)

OK , not a great example, how about this, darwins theory. A dad is out shopping for food with his young child, there is one tin of beans left on the shelf, an old granny wants the beans also and grabs them but the father, wanting badly to feed his child and being much stronger than the granny breaks the grannys arm to get the beans from her, because he can.
The granny starves to death , the dad feeds his child.
Survival of the fittest.

The real world however is a very different place.

Edit - We are still talking about Darwins theory / evolution and god arnt we?

OK , not a great example, how about this, darwins theory. A dad is out shopping for food with his young child, there is one tin of beans left on the shelf, an old granny wants the beans also and grabs them but the father, wanting badly to feed his child and being much stronger than the granny breaks the grannys arm to get the beans from her, because he can.
The granny starves to death , the dad feeds his child.
Survival of the fittest.

What utter twaddle.

Sponsored Links
Back