1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Sharing a hooper with my neighbor bath and basin waste

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Gw147, 28 May 2020.

1. Gw147

Gw147

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    After some advice here. My neighbor is sharing my hopper for bath and basin waste is on my side of the fence. I keep having to clear the drain cover at the bottom from hair etc. My soil stack is the other side of my bathroom window, I could move the soil stack. It’s a 30s semi, the waste and rain water go into the same drain line, it’s Glazed pipe. It’s annoying when outside in the sun. Any ideas more than welcome.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Nige F

Nige F

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Can you post a pic. or drawing with rough measurements of the set up. Thanks.

4. Gw147

Gw147

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Will do, thanks.

5. Gw147

Gw147

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    After some advice here. My neighbor is sharing my hopper for bath and basin waste is on my side of the fence. I keep having to clear the drain cover at the bottom from hair etc. My soil stack is the other side of my bathroom window, I could move the soil stack. It’s a 30s semi, the waste and rain water go into the same drain line, it’s Glazed pipe. It’s annoying when outside in the sun. Any ideas more than welcome.

Attached Files:

6. Sponsored Links
  7. Gw147

Gw147

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

8. Gw147

Gw147

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    iOS Image - 1418841646.jpg

9. Nige F

Nige F

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the pics. you can't do much @ the top. At the bottom you could take out the grid that's catching the debris - and replace those 90 degree bends with 2 offset bends ( it's rainwater pipe you have ) Glue them together so the pipe ends below where the grid was, also extend the small wastepipe to a similar length. You could cover the drain with a paving slab or wood cover. Get a tin of Jeyes fluid to keep the drain fresh. The force of water from upstairs will flush the drain - just don't put fat down your sink - assuming it's that pipe. You'll be surprised how much better it is without the grid.

10. Madrab

Madrab

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Is the boundary to your neighbour that wavy edge fence/wall on the left? Would be interesting to find out if things were changed to accommodate the extension. What was built/fixed on your side, with the re-made brick/mortar wall work?
    There may have been another drainpipe/gully within their boundary where the extension is now. Even the border wall/fence line is over the gulley drain. I really can't see that being the original plan or setup when those properties would have been built. Nor would they have installed a hopper right at the spill over level to 2 air bricks, I wouldn't think. Looking at the picture and the work etc, that hopper could actually have been higher at one time for your 2 wastes.

Unfortunately it all looks like a bit of a hash up.