Shaver point causes LED lamps to glow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I have added a shaver point in a shower room. I connected it to the lighting circuit over the shower room. Everything works but when the shaver point is in use one or two of the shower room LED downlighters randomly glow. The whole house has LED lamps but this only happens to the bathroom lights.

Any ideas or could this be a faulty shaver point?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Most likely cause is a mistake in the wiring that has connected the shaver socket to the Live and Switched Live and not connected to Live and Neutral.

The Blue ( or Black ) wire to the switch is NOT Neutral

This means the shaver is connected across the switch and will allow some current to flow to the lamps when the shaver point is in use..

Thanks for the reply but the wiring should be fine. The lighting circuit was just brown & blue twin & earth. A twin & earth cable was spurred onto it.

Sponsored Links
Its fixed. As Bernard thought, I mistakenly spurred off the light switch cable instead of the lighting circuit as it tested live when the light was off. Strangely it still charged my shaver with no neutral but all sorted now. Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back