Shaver power point for Bathroom Zone 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently desiging my bathroom and the other half would like a shaver power point (for her electric toothbush) in the cuboard thats going to support the sink. I think that this means that its zone 2 according to the regs:

http://www.diydata.com/electrics/bathroom_electrics/bathroom_electrics.htm

The article above mentions:

Shaver power points are not IP rated, however, if they comply with BS EN 60742 Chapter 2, Section 1, they can be located in zone 2 (or beyond) providing they are unlikely be be the subject of direct spray from any shower.

Can anyone recommend one that complies with this spec ???

Sponsored Links
Just found this one on ebay which mentions zone 2:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dual-Voltage-...ryZ57215QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

only thing I am not sure about is that it doesnt have any kind of switch and I guess this means that once it is connected it will permenantly be drawing power. Do they do these kind of units with switches ?? I guess I could just fit an external style power switch thats connected to the feed for this unit.

Anyone know ??

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
they switch on when you put the plug in ~(Im not been funny there is actually a switch so its not live unless somethings plugged in).

dont put a switch before there will be an electric shock risk from wet hand on this switch!!!

(these sockets have an isolation transformor in them, which basically means the electricity coming out is no longer trying to get to earth put just one pole to the other so to get a shock on the output you have to touch both conductors and then the electicity will only flow between the two rather than the length of your body to earth.)

Sponsored Links
mark.carline said:
Are they *ALL* like this ?
Im not sure i had assumed so -but assuming is never a good thing. However, the power it uses andor supplies is so small anyway i wouldnt worry about a switch. (and make sure you noted my point above about not adding your own switch)

sm1thson said:
dont put a switch before there will be an electric shock risk from wet hand on this switch!!!

Regulations allow standard accessories in Z3 and beyond....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back