Shaver Socket Question

Its part of the reason, but the main contributor was the current carrying capacity, Knowing what lighning is capable of I would always where possible use 6mm and if a bath is fitted, use a proper cast iron one, faraday cage, much safer.

WTF??

Please quote me, from recognised documents, anything you feel will support your odd theories.

Never mind 6mm² for supp bonding, shouldn't we be using lightning conductors?
And maybe upgrade the 16mm² main earthing conductor to 95mm²? After all, knowing what lightning is capable of...

Sponsored Links
to BAS when have I advocated an "if its metal, bond it" policy?
You haven't, AFAIK.

You wrote "It is NOT part of the bonding unless the lighting circuit is already included in your supplementary bonding, but if that were the case then I would not have expected your electrician to have told you to add the link.", to which I gave that tongue-in-cheek reply about the electrician being from the group which fully understands the difference between earthing and bonding, what is and is not an extraneous-conductive-part etc.

Because there are electricians out there who don't understand the difference, and who do think that if you bond every bit of metal in sight then you can't go wrong..

You could have had your link in and forgotten about in the time you've spent looking for a reason not to do it :confused:

No I did it before posting here. I just wanted to know why? In any case the reason he gave was to eliminate potential difference

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back