Shaver socket

As in, in place of but still resembling a pull switch. I've only seen plug in clappers. I'm assuming they too would need a permanent live to the actual clapper?
Yes, I would presume so.
Did the switch reg change or has it always been the same?
I'm no expert on regulatory history but, to the best of my knowledge, there has never been an explicit requirement for switches in bathrooms to be 'pull switches'
I have also included a picture of my fuse board. I'm trying to get my fiver back. Is that not RCD protected? (last gasp hope):)
It certainly looks like it is.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
so the red line is wrong.
I presume so. The red line extends to the thing labelled as 'Main Switch', so the labelling was presumably intended for a 'split load' arrangement (half the circuits not RCD protected). However, the device mounted in the 'Main Switch' position is clearly an RCD.

Kind Regards, John

UPDATE
Noticed a bulge in the capacitor, also capacitor was showing 84 Ohms and apparently there should be no reading if it is good.
Bought a new one, showed no reading.
Fitted it to the fan.............................................................................nothing :(
Either the capacitor puffing blew the motor or tuther way round.
Fitted new fan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back