Shed Base Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've recently laid some patio consisting of 3x2 paving slabs.

The shed (8x6) will be arriving at the weekend and I just want to know the best options for its base. I've been told to elevate it off the paving slabs so the floor doesn't get wet and damage over time.

I've been looking online and seen people using treated timber and others saying using slabs to lift it off the patio. I do have a load of spare slabs, but just want the best option.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I might struggle to get hold of this at the current time. If I can get this, would i just run this along the timber supports on the bottom of the floor?

The concept is to put a physical barrier between the slabs and the timber.

Sponsored Links
Sorry if I'm being dumb but do you mean to use this barrier between the slabs and the shed floor? Or do I need to elavate the shed somehow and then use this barrier?

Sorry if I'm being dumb but do you mean to use this barrier between the slabs and the shed floor? Or do I need to elavate the shed somehow and then use this barrier?
Wherever the shed (wood bits) are in contact with the ground.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back