Shed In yard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

We have a home we bought, and the prior owners had a really nice, large shed installed in the back yard. The shed is wood framed, with siding.

The yard is on a hill where the shed is located. At one time the installed concrete piping and backfilled the area with dirt (was a culvert). The shed was installed on top of where the dirt was backfilled.

The rear of the shed is actually "into" the hill, so the shed would be level. So the rear end of the shed is under about 8-10" of earth/hill. The front of the shed is about a foot off the ground. (hope this makes sense).

My question is this: Should I dig the dirt/grass out from the back wall of the shed down to the bottom of the shed, and make a trench, fill with concrete? What I am thinking is the back of the shed being under ground partly, on a hill, all the water in the ground will sit against the shed. I was thinking if I dug it out, and made a concrete dam, to devert the water around the shed, or at least not against it?

Is this a good idea or bad? Or what would you recommend?

Thank you!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back