shed light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put a light in the shed and take it off the fused spur that the socket is on or from the socket itsself in 1.0mm

Only the one light switch and its all rcd protected.

Sponsored Links
You can add a second fused spur, intersecting the socket circuit, down fuse to 1A-3A, fit 1.00mm t&e load side and then add a switch or use a switched FCU to operate light at the intersection.

Sponsored Links
Nope, he posted it, got no reply after an hour and thought he would post again - very bad form. Maybe he forgot that contributers here have jobs to go to...

So I need another FCU and the fuse can be 1A to 3 A use the 1.0mm cable.

if its a switched FCU then that can be used to turn the lighton and off, but can add the pull switch to either a switched on non switched FCU

if I understand correctly.

You can do the above, as the neutral will also be following this path, you have an option of using double pole switches that switch both neutral and live/line, or alternatively connecting or leaving the neutral continuous within the switch box.

Nope, he posted it, got no reply after an hour and thought he would post again - very bad form. Maybe he forgot that contributers here have jobs to go to...
No, I don't think he did post again in the sense of creating a second topic in bad form stylee. IIRC this was the sequence of events:

1) He hijacked an old topic to ask his question.

2) I alerted the Mods to the hijack.

3) RF replied, telling him not to hijack and to start a new topic.

4) (Don't know in what order) he did as RF asked and the Mods split off his hijack.

okay the logistics of it all is what it was

and thankyou for those that raised the issue politley

can we put the sorid affair to bed?

@ PrenticeBoyofDerry

think I may need to read your post again as I didnt follow it, had a mad busy day and my head is still spining.

thanks

As you are taking a feed from the socket circuit through a fused connection.
You are going to have three conductors
1) line(aka as live)
2) neutral
3) CPC (aka earth)

The cpc should stay continuous throughout the circuit.
The live/line will be connected across the switch between supply(FCU) and load (light). Often between com and L1 on switch.
The neutral can be continuous when a single pole switch is used, the neutral would be simple connected together by the use of connector or if you like a challenge you might be able the strip cable with severing the neutral.
or another option would be installing a double pole switch, where the neutral will be connected across the switch as would the live/line.

Makes no odds which method or switch type you use.

I like some of them.

This sort of thing is fine.

workroom7.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back