Sheds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 3 bed terraced home and have recently had a 4m extension added to the back. This has been finished and i have the final building regs approval.

I currently have a 10ft by 8ft shed at the far end of the garden that has reached the end of its life and am looking at buying a bigger shed. My garden is approx 7m wide and approx 55ft long. The shed i am looking at is 20ft by 8ft. I am reasonably sure i dont need planning or building regs, but are there any rules i need to be aware off. I want to get this right as one of my neighbours is not happy at me due to the extension and one of them (anonymously) even got building control to come out and check the extension was the correct size

Sponsored Links
I live in an ex council house on a council estate so it look like i will be ok. Will check with planning to be sure

Thanks

I phoned planning today and i am ok as long as the max height of the shed is less than 2.5m. If its more than 2.5m then the shed has to be as least 2m from the boundary.

Also the total area of any extensions and all out buildings must be less than half of the land around the original house

Sponsored Links
I phoned planning today and i am ok as long as the max height of the shed is less than 2.5m. If its more than 2.5m then the shed has to be as least 2m from the boundary.

Also the total area of any extensions and all out buildings must be less than half of the land around the original house
spot on plus you need to be "well away" from the public highway
also no sleeping in the building

I have no plans to sleep in it, although i may have no choice if i come home late drunk and the misses locks me out :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back