Shhhh!! Don't tell Mrs Secure...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
[Whispers]

I am trying to find a clock-radio alarm for Mrs Secure's Christmas presssie. There are shed-loads out there with ipod docks so you can wake up to stuff on your ipod.

However, are there any with an aux socket for an mp3 player so you can wake up to the mp3?

Any help gratefully received. I have searched high & low.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Not sure they exist - how would it trigger the mp3 player to start at the same time?

What about one with mp3 playback built-in, would that be an option?

http://www.firebox.com/product/1477/MP3-Alarm-Clock

Yes, it would. I did see that, but discounted it: it's only available from the US site, it's only battery-operated & it would sound a bit tinny, given its size.

Mr Martian...I have seen this one before. It does indeed have MP3 connectivity, but you cannot wake to MP3, only playback through it...

The only other option is to buy an ipod clock radio alarm. There are shed-loads of those & they are cheap. However, you have to go to the itunes site to get music, don't you? We have shed-loads of MP3 tunes on our PC's and I don't particularly want to buy them all again. MP3 format is not compatible with ipod is it?

[Mr Martian...I have seen this one before. It does indeed have MP3 connectivity, but you cannot wake to MP3, only playback through it...
Sorry !! you make it sound like i failed !!! but that's all you asked for in your OP....

The only other option is to buy an ipod clock radio alarm. There are shed-loads of those & they are cheap. However, you have to go to the itunes site to get music, don't you? We have shed-loads of MP3 tunes on our PC's and I don't particularly want to buy them all again. MP3 format is not compatible with ipod is it?
well you don't have to re-purchase everything.... i have loaded all my cds... and i reckon you could limewire all your others... (that's not illegal is it? if you purchased them beforehand?

[Mr Martian...I have seen this one before. It does indeed have MP3 connectivity, but you cannot wake to MP3, only playback through it...
Sorry !! you make it sound like i failed !!! but that's all you asked for in your OP....

well you don't have to re-purchase everything.... i have loaded all my cds... and i reckon you could limewire all your others... (that's not illegal is it? if you purchased them beforehand?
Must research limewire...
:confused: You don't need Limewire Secures. Download iTunes (its free) and get it to look at your MP3 catalog on your PC. It will convert them to m4v/MP4 file extension which can then be used on an ipod/ipod clock player etc.

You are very wrong I'm afraid. You could buy 20 copies of a track , and then download it from Limewire and that download would still be illegal. Fact.

I think you were unintentionally funny there, Box!!

FACT= FEDERATION AGAINST COPYRIGHT THEFT

Going back to the ipod, Wikipedia says this of itunes software:

File format support.

iTunes 8 can currently read, write, and convert between MP3, AIFF, WAV, MPEG-4, AAC, and Apple Lossless.

So I guess it must be possible to take MP3 formatted music files and convert them into a format readable by ipods.

If you buy from iTunes, you have a choice of either buying unprotected or protected tracks, the latter being the cheaper and which are in mpa4 format that can only be transferred onto five pcs or iPods; they can't be played on other mp3 players.

However, there are ways to get rid of the DRM guff and make unprotected versions. All entirely legal as well, apparently :LOL: . This will also work for any CDs that you've bought that have DRM as you can set it up to automatically rip protected tracks when played through media player (and Real Player as well, I think).

As an earlier post says, you can get iTunes to go through your library of music on your pc that is in a variety of formats (mp3/WMA/CDa etc) and scoop them up to play either through the iTunes player or iPods.

I have a music account, download protected tracks/albums (unlimited) for £9.95 a month, play them through WMP to make an unprotected version with the above software, then bang them on my iPod. Compare this with £7.95 per album on iTunes :eek:.

Going back to the ipod, Wikipedia says this of itunes software:

File format support.

iTunes 8 can currently read, write, and convert between MP3, AIFF, WAV, MPEG-4, AAC, and Apple Lossless.

So I guess it must be possible to take MP3 formatted music files and convert them into a format readable by ipods.
YES! I have already pointed that out above?

You are very wrong I'm afraid. You could buy 20 copies of a track , and then download it from Limewire and that download would still be illegal. Fact.

But not worth worrying about. There would be no point in prosecuting someone who already had bought the CD, when there are so many 'real' pirates out there.

Sponsored Links
Back