Shhhh!! Don't tell Mrs Secure...

Tried Pixmania today. Got a message telling me they'll put me through. After a short burst of musak, I was cut off. I tried this a couple of times.

Later I tried again, to be told that the office was now closed, yet they stated the office hours as M-F?

Don't quite understand this, but I'll try again on Monday. Looking also for a new digi camera...

Sponsored Links
Akai kit ordered & delivered!

Spent time working out how it works.

Copied a couple of tracks to an SD card & inserted that into the SD slot. Set the alarm to wake by USB/Card & waited.

The alarm came on a couple of minutes later, but no music.

Removed the SD card, stuck it in the PC and noticed that it had been formatted by the digi camera and had Canon files on it too, although they were empty. Removed these files & played drive H: perfect.

Tried again in the Akai, nothing.

Copied the same tracks to a USB flash drive. Stuck that in the Akai & playback commenced. Also works on alarm setting too.

So for some reason, the Akai does not like the SD card, but works with a USB flash drive.

Still, as long as it works....success I suppose!!

Will e-mail the retailer & enquire. Akai does not seem to offer a great deal of after-sales support.

Sorry to hear that Secures. :( Hope you can get it sorted for Mrs Secures.

All the best mate.

Not really a problem Blas, as the USB stick works.

Just my enquiring technical "why doesn't that work?" type of mind is straining to get to the bottom of this...

Very pleased that it works anyway & thanks for putting me on to this product. ;)

Sponsored Links
Been fiddling tonight..... ;)

I have discovered that the Akai Clock/Radio does not seem to like SD cards or WMA format, despite having an SD card slot and WMA compatibility!!

When I convert my WMA tracks to MPEG, they are recognised by the machine, but only when loaded onto the flash drive.

I thought I'd cracked it when I used WMP's "sync" function to transfer tracks to the SD card...the Akai played the first second, then it fast-forwarded the rest in silence. When I looked at the properties of the burnt track it was set up that WMP would be the default player: maybe this was a problem. But ultimately, if the Akai is supposed to read WMA tracks, this should not be problem?

Will continue fiddling tomorrow to see if I can get it to read the SD card.

Does anyone know if the SD cards need formatting?

Not sure on formatting - I can never remember having to format one before. I have heard some devices don't like the cards if they are too big.
When you are using WMA are the files protected (copyright) or have you removed that protection?

Well, according to the PC, that protection is now removed.

Back