Shifting door hinges up 3 mm

Sponsored Links
I thought he did a great job on the wardrobe
upload_2021-6-30_18-18-13.png

Sponsored Links
I hadnt realised who had posted the topic.

The Ketai solution is very easy.

With a chainsaw, remove about 200mm of frame roughly centered on the keep.

Job done - no more alignment problem.

I'd ask who'd done the job, and carefully note their details in my phone...

...so that I could avoid employing them in the future. TBH I thought that was a spoof photo. Tell me it wasn't real, please.

In this world there certainly needs to be a bit of common sense, where people look at a job and ask themselves what they'd expect in their own home, BEFORE starting work with the circular saw or even chainsaw

TBH I come across a lot of semi-skilled guys these days masquerading as tradesmen. They are a bloody nightmare for me because they can do some things (a few things) well - everything else they are rubbish at, but they don't know when to admit their shortcoming. Like the guy we've just got rid of, amazing tool kit (new), nice clean van, complete and utter moron. In structural works people like him could end up killing someone, which is why if they don't speak English well, or they come with a nice all new toolkit, I no longer take them on. Last week I booked 10 hours, when I should have been doing something else, sorting out carp left by that Richard Cranium.

Both sides.

Move the staple (keep) in the frame.

Consider buying some screws that fit the hinge.

When you do that, look at the screw holes for fit.

The door itself may have sagged, so photograph it from the other side, closed, so we can see if the top of the door is still in line with the top of the frame, and the bottom, with the floor.

Took door off to paint architrave. Screws with smaller heads?

I'll photo the top tomorrow

I've never seen doors drop on their hinges.

I'm not even sure it's a thing.

It looks to me like the door has had 2" cut off the bottom.

NO your getting it wrong, the whole house has subsided and moved a little and the door has stayed in the same place.
Jack the back of the house up and that will re align the door.
:) :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back