Should billionaires and multinationals pay fair tax?

Fair is dependent upon your view point.

The better off paying more is generally fair.

The system and loopholes could be better though
But wait. Me confused. I'm being told in this very thread that no one's asserting the rich should pay more.

Therefore, what they're currently paying must be fair.

Case closed. Fact.

Sponsored Links
Unless it is a result of inequality

Which it is.

You are still pretending that there is no advantage in being very rich.

I'd be quite satisfied with a taxable income that resulted in me paying a million pounds tax.
We have always had, and will always have, inequality. Any person politician or otherwise who says different is telling porkies.

We have the very rich and the very poor with multiple levels between.

Deal with it.

Sponsored Links
I know plenty of pensioners who pay 45% tax. Are you suggesting they shouldn’t ?

Has the freezing resulted in :
A the wealthy paying more tax and a higher proportion of tax
B the less wealthy paying more tax and the wealthy paying less tax.

Hint. Not b
Actually, it's C

C Everybody pays a bit more tax except some of those who have had a real-terms pay cut and have fallen behind inflation. Some of the poorest have started paying tax even though they are no richer, and have just managed to keep up with inflation. So they have ended up even poorer.

Your blinkered vision helps you to ignore people on low incomes.

Actually, it's C

C Everybody pays a bit more tax except some of those who have had a real-terms pay cut and have fallen behind inflation. Some of the poorest have started paying tax even though they are no richer, and have just managed to keep up with inflation. So they have ended up even poorer.

Your blinkered vision helps you to ignore people on low incomes.

MBK's false a or b question is so laughably weighted towards what he wants as an answer that, if he believes it's a fair one, he

a. is stealing, rather than earning, a living

b. has underestimated those he's debating with.

Hint : it's definitely b., and a. is a distinct possibility.

I know plenty of pensioners who pay 45% tax. Are you suggesting they shouldn’t ?

Has the freezing resulted in :
A the wealthy paying more tax and a higher proportion of tax
B the less wealthy paying more tax and the wealthy paying less tax.

Hint. Not b
The stealth tax has resulted in those on lower incomes not being able to afford all of the basics either rent, fuel or food

If the wealthy are paying more taxes how come over the last 14 years the wealthy have got massively richer, whilst the poorer are steadily losing assets and getting poorer.

We have always had, and will always have, inequality. Any person politician or otherwise who says different is telling porkies.

We have the very rich and the very poor with multiple levels between.

Deal with it.
We have far far worse levels of wealth inequality now than we used to have

We have far worse levels of inequality compared to most other Western economies.

But apparently you think that is entirely satisfactory….may I ask why?

We have far far worse levels of wealth inequality now than we used to have

We have far worse levels of inequality compared to most other Western economies.

But apparently you think that is entirely satisfactory….may I ask why?
Where did I say this? Jeez quite a few on here are great at incorrectly stating what they think others think based on a misinterpretation of what's been typed.

Rightly or wrongly, the high majority of us are busy enough going about our day to day business to become involved in any sort of movement that pertains to change (or work towards changing) things like wealth inequality. Therefore, what do you expect the average member of the public to do?

Call it apathy, call it whatever you like, however is it (any sort of inequality) satisfactory? Broadly no, with some exceptions.

To whatever degree, since year dot, we've had rich poor and everything between.

That ain't changing ;)

Sponsored Links
Back