Should billionaires and multinationals pay fair tax?

CONGRAULATIONS!!! You're RIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!!
So my previous post, was correct:

We have far far worse levels of wealth inequality now than we used to have

We have far worse levels of inequality compared to most other Western economies.

But apparently you think that is entirely satisfactory….may I ask why?

Diynot says: “I don’t give a monkeys about 4.8m people suffering food poverty or 6.0m people suffering fuel poverty, I live in a mortgage free house, I’m Allright Jack”

Sponsored Links

We have far far worse levels of wealth inequality now than we used to have

We have far worse levels of inequality compared to most other Western economies.

But apparently you think that is entirely satisfactory….may I ask why?

Diynot says: “I don’t give a monkeys about 4.8m people suffering food poverty or 6.0m people suffering fuel poverty, I live in a mortgage free house, I’m Allright Jack”
I have one thing to say to you within this thread ...

... goodbye :)

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't start so many posts that way if I was trying to bring people round to my way of thinking. Your desperation to be right, imo, obscures your message very often.

So it seems the lefties do want the wealthy to pay more tax so they can pay less tax.

Could have been honest to start with.

So it seems the lefties do want the wealthy to pay more tax so they can pay less tax.

Not really.
Making a fairer tax system would mean the next time a Tory says "we're all in it together" he can mean what he says.
Just trying to keep 'em honest.
It's a public service really.
You're welcome.

I wouldn't start so many posts that way if I was trying to bring people round to my way of thinking. Your desperation to be right, imo, obscures your message very often.
it is not my fault people post things and then get upset when they get challenged

maybe they should think harder before posting

if poor people paid a bit less tax maybe their wages could stretch to affording some basics like enough food or heating

if wealthy people paid a bit more tax it might make it bit more difficult for them to buy their 6th or 7th house

Do they?

Others, like myself, want to see some of the loopholes plugged, and countries acting in co-operation to prevent assets being moved around to dodge tax.

Taxes are the price of admission to a civilised society.

I'm pleased to see you admit that every pound a billionaire doesn't pay, is a pound that poorer people have to chip in.

I believe it’s about 180k+ per year from memory. 100k puts you in the top 2% and 60k puts you in top 10%.
No. Answering a different question to try and make your point is very weak.

You said

1% paying 28% of all income tax. hardly seems fair.

So what's the income of the 1%. Not what gets you into the 1% club. Try again

I believe it’s about 180k+ per year from memory. 100k puts you in the top 2% and 60k puts you in top 10%.
Seems to be the 1% is increasing too. Or the figure has gone up

Official government data has revealed there are 830 British people receiving more than a million a year, while over 15,000 are earning more than £150,000. Before the pandemic those figures stood at 650 and 13,400 respectively.25 Mar 2024

Sponsored Links
Back