Should billionaires and multinationals pay fair tax?

My bad, that was a recent good year (2022?)

Average over the last 20 years is closer to 8%, nationwide (the figures that I could easily source from the gov.)

And, over the course of centuries, a proven stable "investment".
Are you talking about someone’s home or investment property?

Sponsored Links
"Negative arrears" supposes having to borrow to fund it so yes, it can cost more than it adds.
If the kitchen is a knackered dump - fair enough.

If the kitchen is acceptable but Mr & Mrs Flashy - BMW and Audi on the drive - want to waste £30k+ on a Jamie Oliver shiny-shiny brushed steel and grey flooring special, who am I to argue how they waste their cash.

So the gain on the investment does matter as it does enable the investment to be … invested in.

Glad we got there

Sponsored Links
To answer, Will a new kitchen and bathroom add value.
Location location location.
I've seen new kitchens and bathrooms end up in skips or on Facebook marketplace.

Re tax question.
Start taxing the rich then they will leave. The money they stash and spend adds value to country.
It's like Freeports. Millions of pounds of goods stashed that adds value to the country that holds it.
Remember. Health and wealth are not fairly distributed amongst the population.

No easy answers unless the world is one country and one nation with one tax law.
That's how I see it..

So the gain on the investment does matter as it does enable the investment to be … invested in.

Glad we got there
It’s not a gain on the investment.

If you have a house and add a £50k extension, you might add £50k to it if you are lucky.

All people want to know when having work done is: “will I get the money some of my money back when I sell”

People who want to put an extension on have to make a decision between extending or moving to a bigger property…that’s why they ask.

It’s not a gain on the investment.

If you have a house and add a £50k extension, you might add £50k to it if you are lucky.

All people want to know when having work done is: “will I get the money some of my money back when I sell”

People who want to put an extension on have to make a decision between extending or moving to a bigger property…that’s why they ask.
and if the answer is No - fewer people will go ahead - yes?

"...yes if you add a bedroom or a downstairs loo or a nice big kitchen/diner extension...."

"...no, if you rip out an adequate kitchen and add a flashy kitchen..."

Sponsored Links
Back