Should Combi boiler have thermostat?

I also believed the wireless room stat communicated with the receiver module via its own wireless network and not via WiFi ?

The basic controls do not need wifi, but it is the more complicated using apps, which require Internet and wifi. Basic ones can just control (or rather limit) room temperature, or do that plus including time settings for the heating to be completely off. Some have temperature to be maintained between certain times, or set back temperatures.

What seems to have not been mentioned above, is that the thermostat setting on the boiler itself, sets the output temperature of your boiler - the temperature that the water is heated to. The snowflake symbol on the dial is frost protection - which means if the temperature falls to temperatures where the boiler might freeze, it will light itself up to prevent ice.

An outdoor temperature sensor enables the boilers heat output to fine tune itself to better match the likely demand for heat, to optimise. It's not clear to me whether that particular boiler supports that.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks again for another very thorough reply.

I’ve got the gist of what’s need now,

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back