Should condensation/moisture be a concern?

Sponsored Links
If you have old double glazing like we do and don't like condensation sitting on the glass all day you would do.

I'd sooner get new windows and keep the house warm. If the seals have failed then the windows need replacing. A window with good seals that's double glazed will never condensate on the inside. Only on the out. The soundbloc board has come today. A hefty 44kg a sheet! I'm wondering if resilient bar will take the weight

Sponsored Links
Bit more too it than that (air gap distance between panes, level/type of gas between panes, construction of UPVc frame, etc.) An open window is free, replacing windows might take time.

Yer i get that. My windows need replacing at the back. Like you said it takes time. But I won't have my Windows open wide all day long in this weather. Just think it's sheer madness

To be fair as does my other half but I don't give her the choice -- "stop mitherin' and pull a jumper on" :LOL:

On a serious note, I might try that stick on film you can apply inside the window. Believe it's stuck on with tape and then heated with a hair dryer. The only room that I can never properly warm in the winter is the front bedroom. Barely warm at 18 degrees and lots of condensation in the mornings.

We put some stuff on the porch because the windows have water trapped inside. Looks awful. But it hides it until we get it done and gives us more privacy. Why does your room never get hot? Purely because of the window or is the radiator not big enough?

We put some stuff on the porch because the windows have water trapped inside. Looks awful. But it hides it until we get it done and gives us more privacy. Why does your room never get hot? Purely because of the window or is the radiator not big enough?

Both I think, but mainly the window. We have nice thermal curtain but I think they're creating a convention current so hopefully the film will help. The radiator is also inadequate (at about 36" wide) and not positioned underneath the window.

I know what you mean about water getting trapped inside on the glass panels.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back