Should I Be Worried?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Glow Worm 30cxi combi. It's not the reason I'm worried, but maybe I should be.

The thing that I find worrying is, every time I re-pressurise it, a couple of drops of water drop from inside the boiler as I turn the blue knob off.

Should I be worried?

Sponsored Links
norm the disconector, n id be more worried if ya ant had it serviced for a while and theres a big pile of melted plastic because the upgraded graphite seal hasn't been fitted :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
norm the disconector, n id be more worried if ya ant had it serviced for a while and theres a big pile of melted plastic because the upgraded graphite seal hasn't been fitted :mrgreen:

Funny you should say that. Had it serviced last year, and the engineer called me over to the boiler. He showed me the leaking burner door seal. You could feel the hot gases on your hand, near the bottom of the door. Luckily, as the leak wasn't massive, and it was at the bottom, it wasn't blowing onto anything vital, and nothing else was damaged.

Graphite seal now in place. ;)

Still worried about the drips though.

The disconnector is supposed to do that. A couple of drips from the bottom of it when you close the filling tap is normal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back