Should I complain about this CH plumber? Is it safe?

Speaking of woodscrews, that FCU looks as if it is fixed with a single woodscrew rather than proper backbox mounting screws.

So either the proper screws have been lost, or the threads stripped. If its a metal backbox the screw makes the earth connection, so the correct screws should be used.

Also, the cable looks like its fixed (and I use the term "fixed" lightly here) using cable ties trapped under the slats. That's not acceptable. If it's in close proximity to hot pipes or goes to the boiler it should be heat resistant too. It could be heat resistant, but I can't tell by looking at the photo. However guessing from the state of everything else...

Also, what's with the rolled up earth wire?

Sponsored Links
The OP for one :eek:

Perhaps most worrying of all, the 240 volt mains supply to the boiler was left hanging around, and the switch just secured by one screw. It moves, and the plasterboard around it is so damaged that I can get my finger behind it:

I hope someone can advise. We feel a bit down about this :(

do we know what boiler it is yet? im gonna guess vokera compact if not

Sponsored Links
I don't care if he's young or old that work is as ruff as a badgers arse, as others have said stop the chq, deduct the cost of repairs ie new carpets where he has damaged them either through solder, water or inhibitor & phone gas safe & get an inspection done ASAP.

what on earth was he using a grinder for ?

This job has been done without any care or respect to the home owner,looks like a DIY job gone very wrong,I would want the plumber topay me to put things right and tidy up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back