Should I complain about this CH plumber? Is it safe?

Sponsored Links
Cancel the cheque and get on to gas safe get this plonked prosecuted
We all pay good dosh to stay compliant and people judge us on our work not just so it works but how it looks and how we treat customers property and how we clean up every night before we go home dicks like this really get
Me raging :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mess and cosmetic appeal is one thing, but safety is another, so I guess I better get this checked by someone independent. Thanks for all your comments !

The second to last pic in the first batch you posted doesn't look like it fits in with the others. He's used a spirit level to mark the walls and got his clips and pipes nice and straight. I also think the duct tape round the flue joints is a sign of someone trying to be careful, but just not being very good at what he's doing. That's why it looks like an inexperienced guys work to me. As for the mess he made during the work, there's no excuse for that really.

Sponsored Links
whys everyone mentioning duct tape. usually most rgis carry closure tape and no prob in using that. really cant see why most are jumping at the installers throat . 2 sides to a story. p.s op you never said if you paid for the works done. if so argue the bill. if not thank lucky you dont have to pay a huge bill.

sorry mark, i cant agree, the soldering is amateur, the flue is worrying. There is absolutely no need for duct tape on a modern flue. Also you should be using flue clips which hold the flue tightly, not waste pipe clips. The flue will be wobbly within that clip, unacceptable. Phone Gas Safe Register and request a free inspection.
As for mess, its again unacceptable, but not alot you can do about it now, other than claim for damages to carpet etc.....

I wasn't trying to jump down his throat holty just saying it looks like an inexperienced guys work and why.
That gas pipe looks bad though, if that's the kind of work he is putting out there in peoples houses he should be checked out.

I know there are to sides holty but this just looks abit suspect woodscrews in a flue FFS thats rough as a badgers arse

He likes his woodscrews! That's also one in the FCU where an M3.5 screw should be. It's not a crime to lose those, if you can be bothered to replace them like for like to ensure the electrical installation is safe and complant. A complete hash up.

But I suppose we've got to be gentle with him if he's only a young lad, makes it OK to chance people's lives with your inexperience and incompetence :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back