should I fit tap in worktop or sink ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all your help.
I assume I can cut down some of the cabinet top rail as that would bring the sink forward.

Also how much should I allow at the back of the tap for tiling ?
maybe leave a gap of 15mm ?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Make for an better finish to place tap to side of bowl rather than behind where it will look and be quite cramped .

Thanks pal, unfortunately the bowl is right at the end of the worktop so thats not an option.

the tap they chose is neptune from magnet, It looks like it would go best behind to me.

Also is there a minimum distance for a sink to go to the edge of a cabinet at the end of the run ?

Last edited:
Sink should be away from any worktop joints and at very least 50mm from edges of worktop.Even at minimum distance it’s quite easy to snap worktop around sink or hob if any heavy weight is applied.

Sink should be away from any worktop joints and at very least 50mm from edges of worktop.Even at minimum distance it’s quite easy to snap worktop around sink or hob if any heavy weight is applied.
Correct, in fact I always reinforce the thin strips around the sink by placing pillars or metal bars under the worktop.
If needs to be , a quick routing makes the bar invisible.
Use stainless steel of course.

Thanks, but tap can go less than 50mm from back edge ?

sink is 48cm worktop is 60 so I only have 12cm to split between front and back.
Doesnt leave much space to put tap in worktop really .

So the pillars would just be bits of wood screwed to the side of cabinet carcass ?

Last edited:
Thanks pal, unfortunately the bowl is right at the end of the worktop so thats not an option.

the tap they chose is neptune from magnet, It looks like it would go best behind to me.

Also is there a minimum distance for a sink to go to the edge of a cabinet at the end of the run ?
Can you not reverse the bowl/ drainer?

Unfortunately not, my daughter ordered a drawer cabinet where the bowl would be

Yes, unfortunately I wasnt involved at that stage , I think its going to have to go in the sink, I can always get a tap support bracket if the sinks too flimsy.

Tap on the sink it is.
Otherwise the worktop will crack.
To reinforce the worktop you can use a 2x2 at the back screwed into the worktop.
At the front a carefully planned kitchen will see a post in the middle of sink opening and doors to fit.
Picture shows an 800 sink and the pillar at 400 so to accommodate a 400 door.

Attachments

• 20200227_112819.jpg
    20200227_112819.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 340

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back