Should I get help in?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, struggling with time and energy on the bathroom refurb, which is the final room (5 plus hallway already done). I've stripped it out, partially boarded the walls with tilebacker and plasterboard, replaced the drainage and plumbing.

So just need to insulate the floor, finishing boarding it, get the plasterer to board ceiling and skim, then install bath, tile, then toilet and basin. Already have a toilet.

But got a bathroom fitter coming round tomorrow to quote on finishing it. Wondering how much more I will pay for that ... might be worth it though to get it done and finished better than I could do.

What sort of prices do people charge to do this work though? Will they get the job done in say, 4 days? 1 for fitting, 2 tiling, 1 for finishing, mastic etc.

Plan would be to use my plasterer to skim the room first, and then my heating guy to fit the radiator after bathroom is fitted, so I will finish the floor myself (laying vinyl sheet).

Sponsored Links
the hardest part is finding a decent fitter, the price is inconsequential if there is a desired goal,

the worst bit is paying someone and then being forever unhappy with the finish, especially as you may well do a better job yourself.

by the time you've found someone would ou have had it virtually done by that time? if they are any good they wont be able to start for a few weeks at least...

Yeah, part of it is struggling to find the time, and wanting my weekends back. The ones coming tomorrow are not available til March / April, but then that would give me loads of time to sort the floor and finish the boarding. Then I could crack on with some other jobs.

I've never tiled, so would be getting a tiler anyway. I did think about tiling, but I dunno ... kept hearing people say they don't risk tiling or plastering!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back