should i tank this area in my wetroom or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, all I have just finished my wetroom and tanked all areas, to my understanding because this is a wetroom, therefore, all areas should be tanked. However, I have created a large concrete step that is spirit levelled and my worry is if I tank this area then should any water ingress via condensation etc, then it may pool and stay there underneath the tile.

However, when you come off the step you then approach the sloped floor linear drain, which I tanked.

The water itself should never hit the levelled step area it may get splashes but that's all. I am just worried if I tank this area then should any water get there may start pooling underneath it shouldn't but this can never be guaranteed.

I made the silly mistake of not slightly slopping this towards the sloping floor. The reason why I question whether I should tank this or not is that if any water does pass through, then this could be soaked up by the porous concrete and earth below as it's on the ground floor.

Maybe my logic is wrong, though, please correct me if so and what would you do? thanks to all

4BbaKUl.jpg

uyQt8eh.jpg

viVEip6.jpg

ABiEYxO.jpg

2V50fKF.jpg

Sponsored Links
Have you finished your wetroom yet?
I'm interested to see how you got on with your project!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back