Should I use PVA Glue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Its for my front door step, The step is made up of the wee Tegula bricks, about 5 inc sq.

Three bricks, along the front adge have come loose, the rest are perfect, I thought if I lifted the bricks, give them a good brushing and paint the PVA glue onto both surfaces and stuck them down, would they hold do you think?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
You will be lucky if any glue works, need the bed cut out and re-cemented in, but if you "feel lucky" go for a sealant like CT1. (y)

Thanks all, That would be the best all right , CT1 mmmight work , OK thank you once again.

Sponsored Links
Hi, Its for my front door step, The step is made up of the wee Tegula bricks, about 5 inc sq.

Three bricks, along the front adge have come loose, the rest are perfect, I thought if I lifted the bricks, give them a good brushing and paint the PVA glue onto both surfaces and stuck them down, would they hold do you think?

Thanks in advance.
Is there no (bulky) restraint for the paviors bricks? I'd never in a world of pi$$-pots lay paviors as a step. Utterly useless. Always frame them in with a bedded brick or similar.

Hi all, thanks for all the advice, I made a soft morter mix after cleaning all the old away, beded the 3 Tegula bricks down again, flush again with the excisting, left it 2 days before walking on and their perfect,its the first time in 30 years that any came loose.

Sorted :)

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Back