Should my carpet fitter be wearing a mask?

Sponsored Links
Well, he turned up today, older than me and very polite. He was wearing a mask and started fitting the carpet. Within 5 minutes he asked to speak to me. He was sweating profusely and said he was really sorry but he can’t see as his glasses keep steaming up. I felt terrible and told him to take the mask off. Made him a cuppa and some biscuits and left him to it. Took him just under an hour and he made a good job of it so I gave him a nice tip. Currently dragging all the furniture back in on my own. Mrs Mottie will be very pleased when she comes home.

Last edited:
So long as you avoided contact and stayed out of the room . social distancing , wipe down surfaces things should be ok .

Sponsored Links
Well, he turned up today, older than me and very polite. He was wearing a mask and started fitting the carpet. Within 5 minutes he asked to speak to me. He was sweating profusely and said he was really sorry but he can’t see as his glasses keep steaming up. I felt terrible and told him to take the mask off. Made him a cuppa and some biscuits and left him to it. Took him just under an hour and he made a good job of it so I gave him a nice tip. Currently dragging all the furniture back in on my own. Mrs Mottie will be very pleased when she comes home.
Could've given him a drink to help you with the furniture.

Could've given him a drink to help you with the furniture.
Nah, didn’t want him huffing and puffing in my face! Anyway, all done now apart from what looks like a hundred figurines, china and crystal ornaments etc that I have no idea where they go. Even if I had a clue, Mrs Mottie would reposition them with military precision so she can fill the cupboards, drawers and display cabinet when she gets home.

Nah, didn’t want him huffing and puffing in my face! Anyway, all done now apart from what looks like a hundred figurines, china and crystal ornaments etc that I have no idea where they go. Even if I had a clue, Mrs Mottie would reposition them with military precision so she can fill the cupboards, drawers and display cabinet when she gets home.
Chuck them all in a black bag and kick it in the garden ...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I actually find masks very distracting when doing anything, you cant look down and they do make glasses steam up.

they are a real curse, Im glad I dont work where you have to wear one all day.

There are masks that work with glasses.
Or a strip of sticky tape on the top surface- could be low tack stuff not gaffer tape

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back