Should this man die in Jail?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Or has he done his time and can now be forgiven and realised?

BBC News - Double child murderer Colin Pitchfork faces fresh hearing over release

My opinion is he is a filthy person who should never ever see the sun again.

But that's me.

Sponsored Links
Personally I think in cases like this life should mean life...

But what is also worrying is politicians getting involved in the judiciary process in order to 'look tough'!

Personally I think in cases like this life should mean life...

But what is also worrying is politicians getting involved in the judiciary process in order to 'look tough'!
They were voted in by us

Sponsored Links
You also get the judiciary meddling in politics, equally galling.
How so?

They follow the law as given to them by parliament...

Just because you may not like the fact that rulings are based on law not your political views is not 'meddling'...

Or would you prefer a system such as in the US where large sections of the judiciary are politically appointed?

You also get the judiciary meddling in politics, equally galling.

Those in the judiciary have a vote though, so are entitled (in a personal capacity), to have their say.
Politicians in legal matters though? A personal opinion yes, but no meddling.

Judges are just humans like the rest of us. I’d rather see politicians getting stuck in to legal matters than judges dabbling in politics.

When the former gets it wrong we vote them out.

In this instance nobody is meddling. Justice secretary is rightfully allowed to intervene as the Parole board's powers are recommender.

In this instance nobody is meddling. Justice secretary is rightfully allowed to intervene as the Parole board's powers are recommender.

If the justice secretary is representing me then I want him or her to put their paddle in.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Back