Should tiles be flat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our chimney blow down last Friday punching a few holes in our roof.

A roofer has removed the chimney and tiled over as agreed.

Some of the tiles he has relayed are no longer flat and we still have a very small leak.

Should the tiles be completely flat?

Sponsored Links
Disclaimer: I'm not a roofer. However if you're able to post some pics it helps people consider the workmanship and advise accordingly.

Stating the obvious, if there's still a leak, chances are the work or at least part of it hasn't been completed to a satisfactory level.

Sorry I thought I did post pictures. The roofer is coming back on Saturday to take a look. I want to be prepared for the conversation
563EDB60-54FA-45A9-B853-2D0B29AC521A.jpeg
0A0CC6A3-0676-4CCC-A942-F9F264BF761B.jpeg

Where is the leak coming in? Have you got holes in the felt?
Have a good look at all the tiles, especially where the interlocking bits are as they break very easily.

Sponsored Links
They are preferably flat, but some minor undulation is common and acceptable.

The thing is, you should have felt or a membrane underneath the tiles and it is this which stops any internal water ingress - so that is your problem , not the tiles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back