Should water be permanently gathered under fascia?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Water is always here to the point it's going moldy, and every time it rains it will drip for hours afterwards. Is this normal on a newly constructed flat-roof dormer?

Sorry this video is rough:

I would really appreciate your thoughts on this. I can give more context to our situation if needed

Sponsored Links
what is the silver tape along the edge? looks like its covering or bodging in for something?

From the contractor:
This is the added flashing we have added so that no water can come in past the gutter and run down the fascia board

1712146692792.png
It looked like this before they covered it

Sponsored Links
I'm no roofer but I assume the felt should be lapping the drip tray rather than the other way around.

Thanks Johnny that really helps. They've agreed to sort it at least. I was definitely being gaslit saying it's completely normal for water to be there.
The drip tray was put on as an afterthought

Flashband never lasts, will be split and leaking once the sun gets too it in summer.Looks like roof stops short of gutter, should overhang it .

Blind leading the blind! trying to get flash band to stick to mineral felt..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back