Show us your dogs.

Sponsored Links
My dogs mother has had to be put to sleep tonight. She’s has a growth in her lung for nearly a year, is on steroids and has had the odd bad day. Only this morning though she was out with us and running around like a puppy! She's been going downhill rapidly over the past few weeks but she took a turn for the worse tonight, really struggling to breath so our friend took her to the vets and had to make the kindest decision to put an end to the suffering. 12 years old and she was the matriarch of the pack. Only pet owners will understand the heartache of losing a much loved member of the family. Only consolation is that all our dogs have truly wonderful lives. I’m walking with her owner and her other dog tomorrow and I won’t even be able to give her a cuddle. :(

Poppy. Third from right. R.I.P.

View attachment 211596

Sorry to her that. always sad.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, it hit me this morning - both her dogs always come running to greet me as I get out of my car. This morning, just the one. It choked me right up. :(

View attachment 170224

12 and half year old Cockapoo. Still got tons of energy.
She's been on a ferry, a jumbo jumped over a snake twice. Had a live snake in her mouth. Chased a dingo wallabies and Kangaroos.
Swam in a Shark infested river

Our Little Aussie has aged this year. She has Diabetes going a bit blind and her hearing is not as good as it was. She gets confused when out for a walk and runs the other way. She will be 14 in January.

One of my mates and his dog. Most people do a double take when they see this picture, trying to work out who’s knackers they are. :LOL:

52B9B3EB-9907-4E8D-AA48-93E2C01CCEB1.jpeg

Our dogs were practicing for a competition today - how many cocker spaniels can you fit in a small dog crate. :rolleyes: Seriously though, it was just to get them back to the farm when the shoot was finished. It was a bit like when you see people being pushed onto a Japanese train. It's a good job they all know each other!

C2F3177C-5BCC-406B-B320-908116F5F27F.jpeg

Yeah, it hit me this morning - both her dogs always come running to greet me as I get out of my car. This morning, just the one. It choked me right up. :(
…and today she had to say goodbye to the other. :(

Maisie was born with a double nose so she was spayed at an early age as it could have been passed on down the line if she had been bred. She was a very protective auntie to the pups of her sister (my Susie's mother) when she had her litters. She was 12 years old, 95% blind, 95% deaf, memory loss, incontinent and with her back legs all but gone, it was virtually impossible for her to get about. My friend had been thinking about it for a few weeks now and took the decision this afternoon. It’s so hard to make a decision when it comes to that point. There's going to be tears tomorrow morning when I meet up with her.

B6C3DDAC-FA2D-4B70-82C1-E0CB80FF8674.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back