Shower/Bidet Toilets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to be buying a wall-hung Shower Toilet for my bathroom refurb but wondered if you guys have any likes/dislikes about certain makes ? I've originally been interested in either the Vitra or Grohe products, which retail for between £1500 and £2000 (+wall-frame) but recently I came across a brand called Purificare from Better Bathrooms dot com that is only £700 including a Grohe wall-frame !

The only problem I have is that although the wall-frame is from a respected brand, I've never heard of Purificare before. Better Bathrooms site are honest enough in saying that the toilet is manufactured in the far east (tbh I bet most of them are anyway) but that price difference makes me think that although it appears to have all the same features as the more expensive units, it's quite possibly made from less durable materials.

The reviews on their site seem to be very good but whether or not they're false or paid-for reviews who can tell ?

Has anybody either fitted any of these units or know anyone who has had one for a while ?

TIA

Sponsored Links
I'm going to be buying a wall-hung Shower Toilet for my bathroom refurb but wondered if you guys have any likes/dislikes about certain makes ? I've originally been interested in either the Vitra or Grohe products, which retail for between £1500 and £2000 (+wall-frame) but recently I came across a brand called Purificare from Better Bathrooms dot com that is only £700 including a Grohe wall-frame !

The only problem I have is that although the wall-frame is from a respected brand, I've never heard of Purificare before. Better Bathrooms site are honest enough in saying that the toilet is manufactured in the far east (tbh I bet most of them are anyway) but that price difference makes me think that although it appears to have all the same features as the more expensive units, it's quite possibly made from less durable materials.

The reviews on their site seem to be very good but whether or not they're false or paid-for reviews who can tell ?

Has anybody either fitted any of these units or know anyone who has had one for a while ?

TIA
@shaky1105 - wondering how this worked out? I have the same question!

Sponsored Links
The seat and lid are quite flimsy. Don't sit on it with lid closed to dry your feet after a bath or shower.

The supplied inline 'filter' clogged up a mesh filter after it causing issues and overflow into the pan from the water tank, despite being fed from a water softener. Sorted that out, eventually with some reverse and forward flushing of pipework and filters. Say to replace every 6 months... still on the original almost 12 months later. They supply two filters... should I risk using a new one?

Swmbo is quite happy with it, functionally since then. It loses 'memory' of the settings in use if mains is off for a period (e.g. away on holiday) so we laminated the remote control / settings page from the manual to keep handy. The light is handy for finding the ensuite at night.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back