Shower cubicle tiling finishing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys...

When I tile my shower cubicle, do I HAVE to use edging strip or anything like that? Or can I just stop the tiles.... I understand this edging can't be fitted at a later date?

Sponsored Links
Where the tiles meet the base, do you mean?
Avoid edging strips if you can - they come back to haunt.....
Ideally you need a stone resin tray and waterproof backer board to tile to - stop the tile right on the tray and seal everything with a quality silicone sealer such as Mapei or similar. (Not that Chad Valley stuff from Unibond :p )
John :)

Hi thanks for quick reply.... Sorry I meant where the tile stops meets the painted wall... Only tiling 900x900 corner, I think it's more of a decorative trim. The guy in the shop says use silver trim.... To set the shower off lovely.... Is it easy to fit

Sure dead easy to fit.....just slide it down the back of the tile and it will sit there on its own.
The tile adhesive ensures that its permanent!

Sponsored Links
Yep, thats about it.....the thickness of the adhesive gives you just enough space to slide the trim in.

once you start on a row of tiles you can then fit the trim behind the tiles as the rows build up, alternatvely hold the trim in place, making sure its plumb, then either staple or tack it in place or use a few dabs of adhesive, then cut your tiles to fit to the trim. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back