Shower Elbow Joint Leak :o(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

I am in the process of fitting my new inbuilt Triton Archetto Aspirante shower valve:

- the valve itself doesn't come with elbow joints and so I have bought some 15mm 1/2" elbows. I have screwed in the lefthand elbow but upon tightening it, the elbow rests pointing backwards whereas I need it downwards.

I have wrapped it in about 6 rotations of PFTE tape and have screwed it in (without backing off) to the point at which it is secure, pointing in the right direction but it still will rotate if pushed, however it feels stable - is this satisfactory or is there a better way?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Just to update you on my progress, here's some pics of the completed channels and the shower valve (that I have now put together with bulkhead too) sat in place, but not screwed/bolted in place yet.

I want the valve to be as accessible as possible after I have tiled and so want to leave as much of the cavity available as possible, any hints/tips at this stage much appreciated!

so you can have a shower while on the wc ?
rain-animated-animation-rain-smiley.gif

so you can have a shower while on the wc ?
rain-animated-animation-rain-smiley.gif

:LOL: :LOL: unfortunately it is the only bathroom in my house so I'm having to work around existing appliances, very frustrating/annoying but so far so good - I just need to tile the parallel wall and then can fit the new toilet!

Someone suggested expanding foaming the valve in, that way it can be removed by cutting and I can tile on top of it?

Someone suggested expanding foaming the valve in, that way it can be removed by cutting and I can tile on top of it?

that should be fun if you just need to get to the filters etc. :rolleyes:
i've never used that on one.
your chrome back plate should cover quite a wide area once tiled.

is it my eyes or does the pipe sleeve on the left look out of alignment to fit the inlet? Also, good to see white socks sticking out on the compressions.

If you used expanding foam could you not position the filters elsewhere in the pipework so the wall wouldn't have to be disturbed to get to them.

Cheers.

If you used expanding foam could you not position the filters elsewhere in the pipework so the wall wouldn't have to be disturbed to get to them.

you'll have a job they are the screwheads either side of the thermostatic cartridge built in the brass body.

you'll have a job they are the screwheads either side of the thermostatic cartridge built in the brass body.
Didn't realise that.
Well what about putting external filters in so the built in filters wouldn't need to filter anything as it will have already been filtered....
(thats a lot of filtering words :LOL: )

Cheers.

is it my eyes or does the pipe sleeve on the left look out of alignment to fit the inlet?

The photo is deceiving as I haven't secured the valve to the wall so it's leaning, but it does line up perfectly :D

Also, good to see white socks sticking out on the compressions.

Is this sarcasm or a good thing? (can never tell on this forum...!) I personally saw it as ensuring that the joint is fully watertight by giving 10 wraps of PFTE and creating the buffer at the joint, almost acting as an O-Ring too.

Cheers.

It would make a lot of sense wouldn't it!! Then the entire valve unit could be accessible under floorboards perhaps.

imho you bought the wrong shower. I would have fitted at home one which is accessible for servicing like a surface mounted round style one. Point elbows back at wall, first fix leave 2 15mm stubs sticking straight out of wall. Then entire valve with filters and all can be removed for changing cleaning new insert anything you like.

If custards are stupid enough to want something which can't be serviced I simply point out their stupidity. If after I have called them stupid they still want me to fit it then I go ahead. Usually a few weeks later something breaks because most thoings are so badly engineered today.

But customers are sweet, because they are eternal optimists. I like that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back