Shower enclosure help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,
About to fit a Homebase 900x 900 two sided bi- fold door shower enclosure onto a Mira shower tray.
The instruction booklet suggests assembling then lifting onto the tray marking up then removing and drilling etc. This would be impossible for one difficult for two and three people are a crowd in a small en-suite.
I am sure you pro fitters don't go around in gangs to fit these so will I be ok to measure in 10mm from the edge of the tray on each side secure the fixing channels and build it like that.
Should have bought a decent make I know but got it now so any advice would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Usually fit the channels on the wall then insert the panel followed by the door. Should be enough play on it to get it in once your happy fix the screws in place and sl up on the outside only.

This would be impossible for one difficult for two and three people are a crowd in a small en-suite.
:confused:only need at the most one inside the shower and one person outside. are you sure on the size ?????
as long as its the same distance from edge of tray on each side , how are you going to fix channels to wall ? just crack on mate but how tall are you ?? :LOL:

This would be impossible for one difficult for two and three people are a crowd in a small en-suite.
:confused:only need at the most one inside the shower and one person outside. are you sure on the size ?????
as long as its the same distance from edge of tray on each side , how are you going to fix channels to wall ? just crack on mate but how tall are you ?? :LOL:

Not sure what you mean about the size, I have one moisture board dot and dab on blockwork so long screws in rawl plugs the other wall is moisture board
in metal channels so not sure how I will fix to that probably red rawls pushed into tiles 10mm thick bit of silicone on each channel fix.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You'll be fine. dont use silicone on the back. One day you might want to change the screen. Once it's up and you're happy deal up the outside only.

You'll be fine. dont use silicone on the back. One day you might want to change the screen. Once it's up and you're happy deal up the outside only.

Ok cheers should be ok I'm not a bad DIY'er ripped everything out put new plasterboard in and tiled, I did look on youtube and most enclosures seem to be fitted by fitting the channels and building the shower enclosure from there.
Thanks as always for the advice (y)

Not sure what you mean about the size, I have one moisture board dot and dab on blockwork so long screws in rawl plugs the other wall is moisture board
in metal channels so not sure how I will fix to that probably red rawls pushed into tiles 10mm thick bit of silicone on each channel fix.
don't worry mate only joking with you . the tiles are thick enough for fixing and make sure frames are levelled properly and siliconed properly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back