Shower heater advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of fixing up a body drier in my shower. This would basically be a fan heater (with a thermostat to prevent burns) and would only operate after the water is switched off.

The idea is to cut down on towels etc. and also to stop the shower cubicle getting mouldy. I need some advice on how to wire the changeover switch so that the heater can't operate while the shower's on, and vice versa.

Also what IP rating does the fan heater need to be?

Don't worry I know all about Part P, special locations etc. and a cousin of mine knows someone who can make all the connections, do the cross bonding etc.

Any advice gratefully received. :D

Sponsored Links
Yep :LOL:

(Just expect me to laugh at everyone for the next 11 and a bit hours)

i would say most of the replies will be to get a proper electrician in. but not the one i used :LOL:

There is a young man who uses a body drier most mornings.

Changes it for new one every few weeks.

Feeds it a candlelight meal the previous evening.

Part P and electrics not involved.

Sponsored Links
You are obviously oblivious to the problems we are having with the World's energy resources.

While you are at it, why don't you get a few halogen heaters to warm up your garden?

just in case it is a serious question IIRC you generally wire to the body drier first and then to the shower. The controls built into the body drier than make sure the two devices can't be used at the same time.

ben-doner-pde-503.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back